Author Topic: G'day from SA (South Australia)  (Read 707 times)

kymi

• View Profile
G'day from SA (South Australia)
« on: December 16, 2017, 06:42:27 AM »
Hi all

I've had my Like 200i for a few months now and thought I'd join this forum and say hi, seems like a good one, I've been reading some interesting posts.

I got a 200i LE, (the orange one) and did some mild customizing with a little de-chroming (I hate chrome) and made some black stripes like those on some of the others, I think those stripes really suit this scooter, especially with the orange paint and the black details, I love it. I also ditched the chrome grab rail and made a small luggage rack which I use quite often. The only other thing I'd like to do is change the chrome mirrors for black ones but there's no hurry for that.

This is my fifth scooter, I had two Honda Today 50's, only because the first one was stolen and destroyed, then sticking with Honda I had a PCX125 and later a PCX150. The PCX's are great machines but for some reason I just don't like them, I much prefer a traditional flat-floor scooter.

The Like 200i has been great so far, I've done 3,000km in just over 4 months which is pretty normal for me, I usually do about 8,000km a year on the scooter and 4,000km in the car. I also picked up a Like 50 with a broken engine for $200 which might come in handy for parts, or I could repair it if I find a crashed one with a good motor but for now it just sits in a corner of the garage.

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: G'day from SA (South Australia)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:16:22 PM »
The stripes looks great, you did a good job.   I have been looking at mine thinking it needs more black. 

kymi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 06:05:45 PM »
I have a spare set if you want them

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 06:08:50 PM »
G'day, yerself! Nice job! Welcome to the nut farm.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 06:39:47 PM »
The orange is really a winner. They should sell that color in the US. ;D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 08:59:00 PM »
I have a spare set if you want them
Thanks for that but still deciding how I want mine to look, besides your LE would not be so unique if I copied you.  :)

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 09:00:16 PM »
The orange is really a winner. They should sell that color in the US. ;D
Not sure why they wouldn't. Maybe some of the dealers need to ask for them.

kymi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 09:12:32 PM »
Thanks for that but still deciding how I want mine to look, besides your LE would not be so unique if I copied you.  :)

No worries, and thanks, but they're here if you change your mind.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 01:27:02 AM »
Hi kymi, welcome to the Kymco forum,. That is really a beautiful shot with the sun reflection off of the front cover. I had a Springer softail the same color as that sun spot. What wasn't painted was chrome. We have a saying here, "chrome won't get you home.", how true. I have a Ford F150 with chrome all over it, but I've noticed that more and more vehicles are going blacked out here in the states.. What ever, live and let live, I say. It is a nice looking bike you have there mate. cheers
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

kymi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 05:54:19 AM »
Hi kymi, welcome to the Kymco forum,. That is really a beautiful shot with the sun reflection off of the front cover. I had a Springer softail the same color as that sun spot. What wasn't painted was chrome. We have a saying here, "chrome won't get you home.", how true. I have a Ford F150 with chrome all over it, but I've noticed that more and more vehicles are going blacked out here in the states.. What ever, live and let live, I say. It is a nice looking bike you have there mate. cheers

Thank you for your kind comments. I don't know why I said I hate chrome because I don't, but I really like the blacked out details on the LE. I'm happy with it now although I'd like to try some black mirrors, but a bit of chrome is OK and I really don't like the current trend of blacking out vehicles entirely. The saying 'chrome won't get you home' made me smile, I hadn't heard that before.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()