Author Topic: Steering issue after attempted theft!  (Read 862 times)

Butch1978

• View Profile
Steering issue after attempted theft!
« on: December 09, 2017, 08:11:39 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help. Someone tried to steal my sons 50cc . They have broken the steering lock, which isn’t an issue, but now when you turn to steer the wheels don’t move with the handle bars at the same time. For example if I turn the handle bars at say 90 degrees to the left the wheel will move about 30 degree. The question I am wondering is the handle bars to the front wheel one complete price or two? And was wondering if it would be an easy job to fix?
Thanks

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Steering issue after attempted theft!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »
  take the plastic off of the steering bars and look at the bolt through the shaft it may be sheered off,   look at a diagram of the parts list

Butch1978

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
I had a look! They had broken the shaft near the bolt. The handle bars was pretty rusty, so that didn’t help! Just got to try and get some replacement bars now!!

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 04:10:48 PM »
get the pn and search web, should be able to get used part, or new part, good luck
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()