Author Topic: Kymco agility 50 4t slow !!  (Read 8494 times)

oskarpyc

• View Profile
Kymco agility 50 4t slow !!
« on: December 09, 2017, 06:59:05 PM »
Hi, I own a Kymco agility 50 4t 2013 model with 6000km. It gets about 36 mph on a flat and around 20-25 mph on steep hills. I would really like to get it to go around 45 mph to keep up on 50 roads and slightly better acceleration up hills but not quite sure what mods to do as everyone says to put a big bore on it which I don't want to do. So far I put an unrestricted variator boss on and that improved the top speed from 28 mph to 36 mph. I also put on 1500rpm clutch springs to get better take off speed. Thanks for reading my post and I really hope I will get some advice on to what mods to next!!  :)

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Kymco agility 50 4t slow !!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:37:09 PM »
Sounds like you need a 150cc scooter. Thats the only sure way to get the performance you want and still have a reliable ride.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

oskarpyc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:42:39 AM »
If I could then that would be great. But I live in the UK and at 16 you can have a maximum of a 50cc and 125cc when 17 :(.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:47:30 AM »
Wait a year and get a 125. I had an Agility 50 for a while and it gave me the bug for scoots! Rode that thing for a year or so then moved to the Yager 200i which was really a 173 cc. I read the chinese scoot forum, scoot dawg and this forum and Mr. Paul is right. There is only so much that can be done with a 50 cc. You can spend THOUSANDS  and still have a machine that was designed to be a 50. Now, if you can find an Agility 125 where the engine unit is still good.....you get the idea!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

oskarpyc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 03:28:40 PM »
Yeah mate you do have a good point, im not expecting huge gains on a 50 just so it would go around 45 on flat and slightly better uphills. from what ive read the contra spring makes a big difference uphills and such. and yeah man cant wait untill i can get a 125! cheers

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
If you're getting 36mph from a 50cc, you're getting just about all there is!  For hundreds more, you might get 38mph, but not much more.

oskarpyc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 12:22:41 PM »
Yeah, I order 5.5-gram rollers, 1500 contra spring, ngk iridium spark plug, unrestricted CDI, performance ignition coil, 82 main jet and ill see if it improves at all, I read that after these mods you can get around 44 on flat and 50 downhill (mph). They arrive in a week I'll fit them and ill tell you if it's worth it and what has improved. but yeah I'm not expecting huge gains it is only a 49cc engine, however, an extra 7mp/h to top speed would be nice, I read that the 1500rpm contra spring makes the biggest difference and hill climbing and starting off gets the biggest effect and its improved majorly.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 12:47:00 AM »
Yeah, I order 5.5-gram rollers, 1500 contra spring, ngk iridium spark plug, unrestricted CDI, performance ignition coil, 82 main jet and ill see if it improves at all, I read that after these mods you can get around 44 on flat and 50 downhill (mph). They arrive in a week I'll fit them and ill tell you if it's worth it and what has improved. but yeah I'm not expecting huge gains it is only a 49cc engine, however, an extra 7mp/h to top speed would be nice, I read that the 1500rpm contra spring makes the biggest difference and hill climbing and starting off gets the biggest effect and its improved majorly.

Let us know how it goes. I really hope it works out for you!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

oskarpyc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »
Right so most of the parts have arrived. I now have the contra spring, rollers, spark plug, main jet. i will be installing them one by one to see which one gives the biggest boost. tomorrow im going to install the spark plug see if that helps it at all, then maybe the bigger main jet althought im not very experienced with carbs, but its always good to learn!!. and then later in the week ill install the rest im waiting for my impact gun to arrive!

oskarpyc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »
Okay, so after fitting the iridium spark plug, the only difference is that it runs a bit smoother and starts much easier when cold and very slightly better on hills but not even noticable! I'm waiting for my impact gun to arrive now as i cant get the clutch and variator off, it should arrive in a week or so and ill tell you how it goes!

oskarpyc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 01:37:54 PM »
I fitted the 82 main jet. and it  didnt feel like it made any difference, but i noticed on the slight hill i usually do 30 i was doing 34 and there is slight improvemnts overall but its not very noticable, next is contra spring and rollers, should be able to fit them tomorrow or the day after that!

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 06:32:44 PM »
I fitted the 82 main jet. and it  didnt feel like it made any difference, but i noticed on the slight hill i usually do 30 i was doing 34
That seems significant to me.  I'd be quite pleased.

oskarpyc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »
Yes, today on my daily ride there was quite a big difference which i didn't feel before maybe because i was really looking hard, it was pulling up slight hills quite a lot better but up big hills around 23mph, however, the new contra spring will hopefully make a difference as i read other people say, im pretty busy right now as i have exams, im gonna try fit it on the weekend. 82 main jet for me personally is a definate, this also in my opinion makes it run smoother!

oskarpyc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »
Okay, ive now noticed that the bike is starting to run worse and worse and its quite a lot slower, im not sure what it might be but i might put the 80 main jet back in it and see if that will fix it, i reckon its getting too much fuel now! Im going to try fit some parts tomorrow to it if the weather isn't shiet like it is now!

nowukkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 07:12:18 AM »
I've just bought a '17 Agility 50, does the CDI cut work on this year model? I'm hoping kymco haven't updated their design to weed out this mod haha. I haven't changed a single thing with this scooter yet, can I purely do the cut or do I need to change jets or anything else?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()