Author Topic: 2011 People 50, need the right tools.  (Read 939 times)

Rory

• View Profile
2011 People 50, need the right tools.
« on: December 09, 2017, 12:42:41 AM »
So, I need a full set of tools to take apart and put togther again this scooter. Anyone recommend a tool set I can get off Amazon or something? I have no tools to begin with, so I'll need close to everything if possible.

Thank you in advance.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 People 50, need the right tools.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 01:54:53 AM »
Metric set of sockets and COMBINATION wrenches to include 8, 9 10, 12, 13, 14,  17, 19 mm. You will also need a 15/16 inch socket and a handle or  15/16 inch box end for the oil strainer. This covers 99% of the maintenance chores if you include a #2 Phillips screw driver. This will be a START! You will add stuff as you deem neccessary. And, believe me, you will find it neccessary!

Karl

PS: the rest of you guys please chime in on stuff I forgot or got wrong!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Rory

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 02:08:29 AM »
During my quest for knowledge about the People 50, I've come to realization. You f*** up your bike, it's a bitch to find parts. I had maybe 2 monitors going, searching for parts and stuff.

Then...

I found this website. Holy Grail of parts. http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/

Then I needed tools... But not sure which tools, then I stumbled onto the internet manual for the bike. lol http://www.scootermasters.com/manuals/kymco%20People%2050-complete.pdf

All together an hour or 2 spent. Now to find a tool kit, order the parts and hurry and wait. *Sigh*

But I really need help still, any good recommendations. I plan on just messing with the Front Steering, shocks and wheel. As all that was damaged, nothing else. Plastics don't matter right now.

Thanks again.

Rory

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
So, I crashed my bike. Had to replace the front fork. A simple ratchet 40pc and a few screwdrivers later I fixed the issue.

But now it's onto the carb, spark plug and fuel. Not to mention the strator probably needs to be replaced.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()