Author Topic: Dilema  (Read 770 times)

vale

• View Profile
Dilema
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »
Hello!
I am looking to buy a Downtown 300 (2010-2013)
In that period, from what I know, there were produced 2 models: with and without ABS
I don't know much about motocycles but I had the impression that if the brake disk was "waved" it got ABS. Looking at the picture attached I am confused. Because for me, they both look the same. How can I differentiate them?
Thank you!

scrollderf

• View Profile
Re: Dilema
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 02:03:31 AM »
They both have the ABS sensor ring (the smaller ring). The one on the left, since it says ABS, will have the proper sensor and software to detect and control the ABS system. It may be hidden behind the brakes. The one on the right probably does not have the ABS system installed. As far as I know we did not get any DT 300 with ABS in North America. Europe gets all the good stuff. Hope this is the correct answers.
Formerly 03 AA500 now DT300

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 02:06:02 AM »
my scooter has ABS  button on the dash.,   and your picture has ABS letters on the front fender, 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 03:39:19 AM »
Yep, it's not the disc shape - but the presence of that smaller slotted disc next to it - even THEN it may not have ABS unless it is indicated by a decal or other very clear marking on the scooter.
Go with the ABS - you won't need it  - until you need it. Then you'll be glad you had it! Very glad.
Every modern car has it, for a reason. Good that scoots and bikes are now adding it at little increase in price on many models!

Europe gets some good stuff.....but they don't have Moon Pies or Choc-Ola !

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vale

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 08:50:26 AM »
Thanks for your responses. I also got an official respone:
Dear Sir,

Basically there is a TOOTH RING fixed on the rear rim for ABS.  Enclosed you’ll find what it looks like.
Sometimes you will find the same one on the front rim, but mostly it is used for speed sensor.

Best Regards,

Mikie Wu 吳信毅 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()