Author Topic: Movie 150 Vlave Adjustment  (Read 2981 times)

Jim Moore

• View Profile
Movie 150 Vlave Adjustment
« on: November 25, 2017, 10:23:56 AM »
Hi Folks,

I just did my first valve adjustment to the 4-vlave head on the Movie 150. I'm happy to report that it is almost as simple as doing a valve adjustment on a two-valve head, except for the extra valves. All the usual stuff has to come off, plus the floorboards. There is a cross member in front of the valve cover that you should also remove. It's not mentioned in the instructions, but it makes the job a heck of a lot easier.

You find tdc just like on the two valve head. Turn the engine until the big hole in the cam sprocket is visible, then line up the little holes with the edge of the engine. The spec is 0.12 mm for intake and exhaust. I found that each of my valves had tightened up. I waited to check them until 4000 miles, which I now think is too long. I'm going to check them at 2500 miles next time. I'm also going to buy a 3 mm open face wrench (hard to find!). I turned (and held) the adjusters with a pair of pliers this time, but having the actual correct tool would make it a little easier.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Movie 150 Vlave Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »
Hi Folks,

I just did my first valve adjustment to the 4-vlave head on the Movie 150. I'm happy to report that it is almost as simple as doing a valve adjustment on a two-valve head, except for the extra valves. All the usual stuff has to come off, plus the floorboards. There is a cross member in front of the valve cover that you should also remove. It's not mentioned in the instructions, but it makes the job a heck of a lot easier.

You find tdc just like on the two valve head. Turn the engine until the big hole in the cam sprocket is visible, then line up the little holes with the edge of the engine. The spec is 0.12 mm for intake and exhaust. I found that each of my valves had tightened up. I waited to check them until 4000 miles, which I now think is too long. I'm going to check them at 2500 miles next time. I'm also going to buy a 3 mm open face wrench (hard to find!). I turned (and held) the adjusters with a pair of pliers this time, but having the actual correct tool would make it a little easier.

Thanks for the excellent post Jim! Does your scooter sound more "throaty" now?
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Jim Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 12:57:34 PM »

Thanks for the excellent post Jim! Does your scooter sound more "throaty" now?
It does seem to sound a little different. I thought it was my imagination until you asked me.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:20:52 PM »
It does seem to sound a little different. I thought it was my imagination until you asked me.

Probably not your imagination Jim. Opening those valves up will make a difference in the sound.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 09:13:05 PM »
for your 3 mm wrench look for a # 2 or a # 3 robinson screw at home depot about 3 or 4 inch.  long,  makes a perfect valve wrench my down town 300i uses a # 2 screw

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()