Author Topic: Where can I get parts?  (Read 5886 times)

MarkThomas

• View Profile
Re: Where can I get parts?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 03:31:22 PM »
Hey big blue,
I just wanted to thank you again for the link!  You are the man.  I ordered an air filter and an exhaust gasket.  They came yesterday and were the right thing.  They were faster than my local dealer was the last time I needed an air filter, and were cheaper.  So thanks!!  I would recommend those guys to anyone who needs part.  They seem good.

mark

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »
Except they don't have parts for the 2018 400i....  :(
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
EvilTessmacher,

Are you sure they cant get those parts?  It sounds like a new bike.  You could contact them and see if they can get parts.  It looks like they are a Kymco dealer and can order any part you want.  They may just not have that bike up on the website yet.  I would give them a call and see if they can order what you need.  I would bet they can.  It looks like they charge $11 shipping for anything relatively small, but otherwise their prices are good.

Good luck,
mark

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 05:32:28 PM »
If they cannot help you then you can order from Kymco's online catalog but I'm guessing they can.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 10:47:12 PM »
Does Kymco have an online catalog?  do you have the url?

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 03:50:34 PM »

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »
hey big blue,

It looks like I need a PIN and  password, and no apparent way to start an account at that URL.  That looks like the place dealers go to buy parts.  Above my pay grade, as they say, it appears.

mark

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 06:38:23 PM »
Yes I think you're right. That portal used to be open to all but now it's restricted. Oh well.

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 06:56:45 PM »
O well.  The place I got from the Evil one is perfect.  Some stuff they sell below list, like the exhaust gasket.  Air filter was list.  And they have the whole parts book on line, so I am a happy camper.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 01:14:01 AM »
Thanks for the try Tiny.  Those filters all appear to be for 2009-2011 Movie 150.  There are a lot of places that carry parts for those years.  Mine is a 2013.  When I bought the bike I was told it has a high performance four valve head motor.  It is a pretty quick scooter.  That's why I bought it.  Apparently not many other people wanted to put out the extra money for extra performance, so there are not many of them around, and not a lot of places bother to carry parts.

I am in San Francisco.  If nobody here knows someplace to get parts online, preferably in the US, probably the smartest thing for me to do is just go to the dealer I bought the bike from and ask the parts guy where I can get parts.  He would probably know.  I was just there yesterday.  I picked up a nail in my rear tire and brought the wheel in to have the tire replaced.  Nobody around here will do a plug/patch any more.  They all say it is for liability issues, so they will only replace the tire.  Dang.  That tire had less than 600 miles on it.  I hadn't even worn off all the little nibs yet.  Such a drag.
I read somewhere lately, can’t remember where but apparently the new Like 150i, uses this engine now (maybe slightly modified, not 100 percent sure) but if it’s true, parts should become more available
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 11:19:08 PM »
motorscooterguide.net mentions it at the end of the engine section of the Like page
http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Kymco/Like/Like.html

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()