Author Topic: regular gas  (Read 917 times)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
regular gas
« on: November 24, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »
I got confused and filled up with regular gas last time.  I think we are supposed to run high test, which I have always run in the past.  I went ahead and rode it to see how it would run.  Seemed to run fine, no issues, plus may have been the way the wind was blowing, but turned 10,000 revs on a section, seems would usually never turn much over 9,000 before.

I used to run low test regular in 2 cycle 100cc engines I raced on kart, was the recommended fuel, at high rev's it burns faster and works better than high test.  Maybe, the same with these engines too?  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: regular gas
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 04:32:27 PM »
I got confused and filled up with regular gas last time.  I think we are supposed to run high test, which I have always run in the past.  I went ahead and rode it to see how it would run.  Seemed to run fine, no issues, plus may have been the way the wind was blowing, but turned 10,000 revs on a section, seems would usually never turn much over 9,000 before.

I used to run low test regular in 2 cycle 100cc engines I raced on kart, was the recommended fuel, at high rev's it burns faster and works better than high test.  Maybe, the same with these engines too?  Cheers
Ysp, remember - these things are sold in 3rd world countries and are expected to run carrying the neighborhood.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: regular gas
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
  my downtown 300i ran well on reg. gas 10 to 1 compression   my Piaggio 350i  runs well on high test 12 to 1 compression ,    I ran for years with high test for the 0 ethenal gas that was available here in canada  canadian tire gas,   from coast to coast,.   the only thing that stopped the down town was the electrical , the reg. that fries the stator  , with warm weather it should be on the road again,.   

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()