Author Topic: In need of some assistance for my Super 8 50cc 2 stroke  (Read 2664 times)

SCOOTFIEND

• View Profile
In need of some assistance for my Super 8 50cc 2 stroke
« on: November 19, 2017, 12:30:08 PM »
Hi all,

First time posting on here but why not have a crack at it. So first of all I have a 2 stroke Super 8 50cc all stock. I also live in Queensland, Australia just for reference. I basically am wondering if anybody is able to help give me some information on how to increase my top end speed or overall performance. I noticed that my scooter is also CDI restricted as i am only able to do 55km/h until my scooter basically just stops accelerating any higher. its an 8 pin cdi however only 6 wires are connected to the actual box. What are some easy ways i could help increase my top end speed?

Is there a compatable unrestricted CDI i can purchase here in australia or if anyone has any parts that will work.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Rocket Salad

• View Profile
Re: In need of some assistance for my Super 8 50cc 2 stroke
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 05:19:17 AM »
Hi from Noosa,
I'm facing the same problem. From what I can tell there is no big gear for the scooter to enable it to get high speeds. Happy to be told otherwise.

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »
I'm surprised no one responded. Search the forum on "restrictions" and you'll find the info you need. There's a white you can cut on the cdi for more rpm on older Kymcos and there's a restricter boss on your variator that needs to be removed. Search and you will find

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

Dabby-D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 04:58:51 PM »
The most restricted thing on a 2t super 8 is the exhaust pipe. replacing it with a racing one, swapping the variator and the springs in the transmission will help you get there. derestricting the exhaust will require you to have jets compatible with your carburetor to adjust the new intake and exhaust. its good to replace the reeds with carbon fiber ones to avoid a break down as well at this point. ditch the air filter for an after market one and just dial that carb in. something handy that i picked up was a naraku kymco to minerelli adapter which allows me to use more carburetor styles and take the stock intake past 20mm to about 30mm. more air, more gas, more exhaust means speed and decreased fuel effeciency. one thing I did for my Super 9 was remove the oil pump and run it on premix to have perfect mixture instead of ever guessing it due to upgrades.
2005 Super 9 LC - Airsal (T6) 73.8cc BBK
Battery: Chromes-Pro I-gel w/ self tester & LCD
Stator:(soon) Artek K2 rotor w/light
cooling:(soon) Bosh 12v water pump
Carb: 19mm PHGB (soon)Yoshimura 24
Air filter: Malossi E5 chrome
Variator: Malossi - Clutch: Malossi MHR Delta
Exhaust: technigas Next-R

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()