Author Topic: Some Parts Available  (Read 994 times)

CiderBoy

• View Profile
Some Parts Available
« on: November 14, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
Hi Guys, due to being taken out by a farm vehicle  :'( and the insurance settling well  :D (and a breaker taking my bike), I have some parts.

These are : one Kymco drive belt 13000 miles (Bike left me with a new belt)  >:(

One Stock variator and cone. (13000 miles on them)

Set of Stock variator rollers (13000 miles on them)

Set of Malossi Variator rollers (new and unused)

If I get some sensible offers I am willing to package and send anywhere (P and P Charges apply)

Regards, Cider Boy.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:02:26 AM by CiderBoy »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Some Parts Available
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »
Hold up there! How are YOU after the farm collision? Hope you still have most of your original kit!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CiderBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »
To put simply, driving to work around a right hand bend. Tractor in junction to my left in the centre of the corner.

The vehicle pulled out without looking in my direction ... ! I braked.. and as the bike front tire caught some gravel on the road (not unusual in the UK for country roads) I went over on the right hand side and slid into the grass verge.

The tractor went on his way, did not stop... No license plates on the tractor trailer as its a farm vehicle and excempt (UK law)  >:( Two guys coming behind me after about 20 seconds.. stopped to check on me (I was fine as the Kymco took all the hit apart from a black big toe and damaged safety boot)

All the panels on the right hand side of my pristine Kymco took the hit. (Front Mudguard, Front Fairing, Mirror ripped off, Side fairing, Exhaust pipe dented and scraped and Rear Fairing all these scraped and badly scratched)  :'(

Water pump also hit damaged and leaking coolant. After work, bike topped up and driven home (20 miles)

For me, the next step was Insurance (as to get these parts would be really expensive, as we know).

Too expensive for them to arrange a repair .. They gave me a price for the bike that was effectively what I would expect to 'buy' it for from a UK motorcycle shop (approx. $2K US to my surprise)

As its really hard to get the bike back on the road and deal with the licensing following an effective 'Right Off', I took the money...!

Sad to see the Kymco go, but happy with the amount of cash received.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 10:43:16 AM »
I'm glad you are OK Ciderboy but man, sorry about your Kymco! I know you had safety boots on, but did you have other safety gear?
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

CiderBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 01:11:06 PM »
I'm glad you are OK Ciderboy but man, sorry about your Kymco! I know you had safety boots on, but did you have other safety gear?

Oh .. Yes .. I had full Kevlar Jacket and trousers .. and gloves plus Nitro helmet.

Trousers where a little roughed up on the right side.

I was fine ... really sad to see the Kymco go as I really enjoyed it and never had any mechanical
problems.

These bikes are heavy for a 5' 8", 178 pounds, 62 year old boy like me !

Regards to all,

Cider Boy.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:28:33 PM by CiderBoy »

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »
Glad YOU are ok. Glad you got a fair settlement too. Again, glad YOU are ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()