Author Topic: Better brakes than the LIKE200i ??  (Read 606 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Better brakes than the LIKE200i ??
« on: November 10, 2017, 12:23:02 PM »
A question for anyone who has ever ridden a LIKE200i :
ABS aside - have you ever ridden anything on two wheels with better brakes than the LIKE200i ??

Goofy things are like having "power-brakes"....a very light touch is all that you need to do a seat sliding stop!

I do not have a world of recent two wheel experience - but neither the twin front discs on a Burgman 400, nor the C.B. braking of a Forza 300, nor my new Piaggio 150i can touch the braking power of my LIKE200i.
I cannot imagine anything stopping faster than my LIKE200i -- but maybe you've ridden its equal?
If so, what was it?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: Better brakes than the LIKE200i ??
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 02:58:13 AM »
Go to admit, one of the things I am most impressed of on my Like are the brakes.  The first time I had to really hit them hard I was so surprised and happy at how well they pulled me up.  Have you changed your brake fluid yet?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 05:22:45 PM »
Go to admit, one of the things I am most impressed of on my Like are the brakes.  The first time I had to really hit them hard I was so surprised and happy at how well they pulled me up.  Have you changed your brake fluid yet?
Yes, 2 x....my "2013" LIKE200I was manufactured in 2012.
Probably will change it again next summer....though it is never very darkened in color.
Once I figured out how to get the plastic open...it motivated me to stay on schedule!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 06:39:36 PM »
 Without a doubt, the Like's brakes are excellent. I once had to stop quick due to a pair of ducks chooing my path as a good landing spot. I stopped, the ducks just sneered at me and went on their way..
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 06:32:47 PM »
I found the rear brake to be a bit lacking in stopping power, but the front grabbed nice. I say the braking on the Like was 60 (front)/40(rear).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()