Author Topic: Jetting  (Read 501 times)

Rw54450r

• View Profile
Jetting
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:53:18 PM »
Hey I just picked up a 2001 Kymco 50cc super fever. Been sitting for a long time. In great shape though besides a rat ate the air box and air cleaner. I put a K&N filter on it and it will only run with the air screw turned all the way in. Do I need to Jet this thing. If anybody can help me out here I appreciate it. The carburetor is absolutely clean

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Jetting
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 01:00:55 AM »
You need to remove the carburater bowl and clean the jets. They are most likely gunked up. Make sure in addition to using a cleaner, you remove and mechanically clean the small jet holes with a fine wire.  A lot of videos on Youtube on how to do this. Its a relatively easy job, and costs very little. After that I would run a little Seafoam in the fuel tank.  Did it run before you replaced the air box?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:05:32 AM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Rw54450r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:15:32 PM »
Yes it did. The carb is clean. I just know on my dirt bikes the jet must be changed when a new filter is added. Wasnt sure about this thing

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 12:51:32 AM »
When you removed the air box and put on the K&N filter you increased the airflow into the engine which causes a too lean condition. You need to either put in a bigger jet or repair and reinstall the original air box. Check the spark plug to make sure the scooter is not running too lean. Hope that helps ya.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()