Author Topic: Last days of Summer  (Read 579 times)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Last days of Summer
« on: November 10, 2017, 02:33:52 AM »
For the coming cold days. A postcard to summer.

- Wolf
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:43:37 AM by ScooterWolf »

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Last days of Summer
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 04:30:42 AM »
yes we are having the last days of summer here lots of snow, and down to 20 below 0 c. .,  to nite, from the coldest nite this year,  I went riding this after noon , looks like it wont happen for awhile is the cold hitting south of here , that much, 

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »
We've had snow about an hour north of where we live, but nothing like you described. I think New England may be hit this weekend. I hope to continue riding until the end of my teaching semester -- early December.

Stay safe and warm De Dee.

- Wolf

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »
I'm on a latitude (57 degrees north) with several places that SOUND like they would be a lot colder than we are!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/57th_parallel_north

Daytime temperatures are around 45-50F at the moment with  the coldest month in January where it's around 32 +- 5 degrees.

Our weather is very changeable though as weather systems come in from the North Atlantic, but it's generally ok to ride the scooter all the year around - unless we had the winter of around 7 years ago where it snowed in December, froze, then snowed again and again. The high speed winds in the stratosphere that traverse the country had moved well south pulling vast amounts of air down from the Arctic.

Now that was a cold one!

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
Damn, looks like the entire island is frozen. Is that possible?

- Wolf

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 07:20:37 PM »
Damn, looks like the entire island is frozen. Is that possible?

It was terrible. The Canadians may scoff at our fairy like attitude to a bit of frost, but we're not really geared up for really cold winters like that. So essentially our transport systems shut down - with hilarious consequences (not!).

On the upside, the skies were clear and the days were bright and sunny (instead of the usual cloudy and raining). And we had a great couple of snowball fights in the street :-)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()