Author Topic: New here - might buy  (Read 523 times)

JDMac34

• View Profile
New here - might buy
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:09:54 AM »
I am looking for a scooter to commute around campus. My favorite one that I have seen in my area is a 2009 Kymco Super 8 50 4S. Here is the link to the one I'm interested in: https://www.danscycle.com/2009-kymco-super-8-50-4s-inventory.htm?id=2129020&in-stock=1

What are some things that I should look for when inspecting this machine? Also, is this a good price? Any input would be much appreciated, thanks!

150scoots

• View Profile
Re: New here - might buy
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:21:58 AM »
The price is fair for retail. I'm sure they went over the scooter before being put up for sale but.. Things to check would be tires, oil (should not smell burnt),I'd go over all the lights, turn signals. Make sure the seat locks and latches properly. Make sure the kick starter functions properly. You can't really inspect the belt so forget about that. Last.. start it up and see if it sounds okay even if you can't take it for a spin, see how it idles and give it a little gas while it's up on the center stand to make sure it throttles up ok and also see how the brakes feel and check the front brakes to see how the pads look.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:26:43 AM by 150scoots »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()