Author Topic: Problem NCY 85cc  (Read 681 times)

Rhytmz4

• View Profile
Problem NCY 85cc
« on: November 05, 2017, 01:28:49 PM »
Recently i put an ncy 85cc cylinder, i brought it to the shop and they fixed everything.
The only problem is that the compression is too high, so high that the electrical start doesn't work anymore and even worse, because the compression is high i can't get the scooter started with the kickstart.

When the shop brought the scooter he started it in one kick.. I already have kicked the bike 100+ times and couldn't get it started so my question is...

Is it beter to bring the scooter back, lower the compression so i can kickstart te bike easier ( probably gonna lose power over the bike )
or can i use the starter of an Kymco agility 125cc so i can start it electricly

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
Re: Problem NCY 85cc
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 04:48:37 PM »
Stupid question, but you are holding the brake lever when using the kick start, right?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Agility City 125

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 05:58:25 PM »
Just to make sure, have you had your battery tested? A weak battery + high compression = no start.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:00:18 PM »
Recently i put an ncy 85cc cylinder, i brought it to the shop and they fixed everything.
The only problem is that the compression is too high, so high that the electrical start doesn't work anymore

This is a real problem with 50mm+ big bore conversions if the stock head is used.  The compression is too high, making it hard to kick over.  The electric start isn't nearly strong enough.  You can remove the cylinder head and grind out some from the inside, thereby lowering the compression some.  You can usually scrape out enough to lower the compression enough that the starter can deal with it.  Some places offer big-bore cylinder heads, but they're expensive: http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/139QMB_50cc_Performance.html 

When hogging out your head, you'll need to use a new head gasket, so you may have to buy some extras (they need to be the 50mm gaskets, not the stock ones) in case you have to repeat the exercise. My current preference is for 47mm big bore kits (75cc) since they work OK (and start OK) with the stock head, and the performance gain is almost the same IF you also use a high-lift camshaft (about $29.00).  The 50mm (85cc) jugs always need head grinding so the starter will work.  Optional "high-torque" starters are useless (they bounce back because of the hi compression) and the 150cc starters don't fit.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:34:49 AM by JJJoseph »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()