Author Topic: BLOWING MAIN FUSE left right and center here :)  (Read 2002 times)

Nireen

• View Profile
BLOWING MAIN FUSE left right and center here :)
« on: October 09, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
Blew two fuses today which stranded me somewhat.  Someone is saying the reason maybe my heated hand-grips and or my box light I had put on.  Sucking to much juice??? suggestions please
Kat :)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: BLOWING MAIN FUSE left right and center here :)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
where are you plugged into for the hand heaters, did you run a seperate line to the plug in, did you install fuse where you can change it with out taking all apart,

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:33:39 PM »
when you say main fuse is it the 30 fuse 15 or 10 ,.  is it killing the engine when it blows,
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:35:51 PM by de dee »

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
15A one.  First fuse to the left.  This is what I have noticed.  This morning I went out to take the bike for a ride and it was dead.  Did not even get to turn it over.  No lights etc whatsoever.  I put a new fuse in and it started up no problem went to the Country side and when I was to leave it started up but I did not have the dash lit up so I thought I would stop the bike turn the key a bit to get it back on.  I have done this before several times to activate the dash.  It was than dead again.  I saw my pals mechanic down the street to see what he thought and to get a fuse if he had one.  Got a 25 A from him.  He thought it may need a larger amp due to the heated hand grips and the light on the box. 

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:44:54 PM »
Hmm not sure where the hand grips are attached to but I think it is to the main fuse.

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 08:51:01 PM »
I would install new fuse with wires from the battery only if the hand heaters take to much power it will draw from the battery only  and you can check battery for low power after long ride

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »
sorry de dee I don't understand :/

I would install new fuse with wires from the battery only if the hand heaters take to much power it will draw from the battery only  and you can check battery for low power after long ride

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »
  I would run red  wire from the battery positive with fuse in line to the outlet in glove box and green wire to the ground post of battery at least # 14 wire,.  and install dash fuse beside the plug in the glove box,. disconnect wires that are there now,  tape them  off,.  now you can change fuse with what you need,  now check wattage of your gloves and put a fuse to handle  it

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 11:56:40 PM »
Definitely run seperate wires straight from the battery to the hand grips with a suitable fuse. Heated grips will draw quite a bit of power.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 02:59:23 AM »
the macanhic  suggested I put a higher amp so he gave me 25a instead of the 15a  sorry dee dee me to stupid for all that!  but I will print that out and show my friend. :)

Definitely run seperate wires straight from the battery to the hand grips with a suitable fuse. Heated grips will draw quite a bit of power.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 03:00:49 AM »
also that fuse or lighter in the glove box never worked and than I changed fuse a few months back and that worked for the first day and than it went again.

I would run red  wire from the battery positive with fuse in line to the outlet in glove box and green wire to the ground post of battery at least # 14 wire,.  and install dash fuse beside the plug in the glove box,. disconnect wires that are there now,  tape them  off,.  now you can change fuse with what you need,  now check wattage of your gloves and put a fuse to handle  it

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 03:25:30 AM »
also that fuse or lighter in the glove box never worked and than I changed fuse a few months back and that worked for the first day and than it went again.
  the wires in there are to small # 20 size  you have to get bigger wire for the load   #12 or #14  ,  I use # 10 wire , small wire will heat up under load and set the scooter on fire,  or burn the wire harness canadian price $ 960,00   from dealer,   on line price $245,00 plus 10 hours labor  for a new harness,

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »
It was my box light connection wires were touching together!!!! OMG I should have know this :o :o :o

wheels

• USA, NC, Raleigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »
I disconnected the box light, almost useless, and painted the interior of the box   WHITE.

Also, when I had the front end off the scooter I re-wired the glove box fuse to reside inside the glove box.
2012  DT 300i  26K miles,  Bestem 929, Biondi w/s, LED brake/tail,turn, OEM mirrors fairing mount, removed buttstop
2015  GTi300  7K miles, Bestem 929 case, PUIG TS w/s, mirrors mounted to w/s, led DRLs in windguards
2014  Honda CTX700,  35Kmiles, many mods

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 05:54:27 PM »
the macanhic  suggested I put a higher amp so he gave me 25a instead of the 15a  sorry dee dee me to stupid for all that!  but I will print that out and show my friend. :)
  put the 15 fuse back in .   a 25 could burn the wires  tell your friend to check with a electrition be for putting a larger fuse in any thing,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()