Author Topic: Carburetor Questions.  (Read 5512 times)

Ernst

• View Profile
Re: Carburetor Questions.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 12:34:23 AM »
Update:

It was starting and running but no more.
 FOUND a vacuum hose had rubbed under cross-member where I couldn't see it till I really stared looking for problems. This was a huge wear spot and in my defense it was hidden until I tore the scooter down. More than likely the idle issues were because of this.
 So, The scooter is apart. It is not running. I have my hands full.
 Tomorrow morning I will adjust the Valves and replace spark plug.

I have a voltage regulator on the way as I was having battery charging issues but China just had a multi-billion dollar "Friendship" day and I can expect the package delivery to be slightly delayed. Think Black Friday on steroids.

I have had a horn and starter problem for a long time so now is the time to get into tracing wires and fix those things too.

On my possible problem list is Stator may have gone out, Fuel is not getting to carburetor,  coil has failed.

Unless the new carburetor is somehow plugged up I don't think the new OEM Kymco carb is to fault however I plan on putting old carb back in just to check on that.

I have had some experience on a 150cc Chinese scooter with troubleshooting electrical problems yet I have been lazy on taking the plastic off the Kymco and having a really hard look at everything but, now is the time I have to.

I have read all replies to this post and am thankful for the help. Hopefully I can contribute for the next guy and fix these probems I am having with the Kymco.

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 08:19:55 PM »
I have excellent news!  Since the battery was run down by the time I found the vacuum hose hole the scooter now starts and runs better. Still time to adjust the valves and fix the starter and horn problem.

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
Excellent!

It could be that the vacuum leak was causing a lean condition, causing the piston to overheat and seize after running for a while. If so, consider yourself lucky that it wasn't worse.

Ernst

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 12:13:13 AM »
It's Turkey day here so will  get on the valves tomorrow but you are right!
I have poked around in there many times trying to figure the progressive problem out and it was a wear spot in the vacuum hose y'd off the intake manifold under the cross bar. 
 I am hopeful that adjusting the valves with the new set of feeler gauges and new valve tool will smooth out the little rough idle I sense.

Still need to figure out the not charging issue but I found the troubleshooting guide online.
 Also I am wrapping the those vacuum lines with vinyl tape to let the tape wear first. 

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 01:57:41 AM »
That hose coming off the bottom is just to drain the bowl if you want to drain the fuel for any reason.
2009 GV 250

Sahrcasm

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 10:20:17 PM »
It's Turkey day here so will  get on the valves tomorrow but you are right!
I have poked around in there many times trying to figure the progressive problem out and it was a wear spot in the vacuum hose y'd off the intake manifold under the cross bar. 
 I am hopeful that adjusting the valves with the new set of feeler gauges and new valve tool will smooth out the little rough idle I sense.

Still need to figure out the not charging issue but I found the troubleshooting guide online.
 Also I am wrapping the those vacuum lines with vinyl tape to let the tape wear first.

Just bought an '07 People S250 with 1312 mi for... thanks for the thread guys!

RatBob

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 06:08:40 PM »
At 20K miless, if you've never adjusted the valves, it's a safe bet they're complete out of spec and can cause all manner of idle problems, hard starting and loss of power at the top end especially. the good news is you can remove the body cover and seat and have access to the head fairly easily.

Ernestt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 06:36:42 AM »
you need to inspect your clutch if it is stalling right after it starts
2009 kymco people 250s

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()