Author Topic: Can you derestrict a Vitality 2t 2007?  (Read 3848 times)

crunchyshadow

• View Profile
Can you derestrict a Vitality 2t 2007?
« on: October 03, 2017, 03:47:51 AM »
Hey Forum! My Vitality goes great, but it seems to be bottlenecked at around 75 km/h and my acceleration isn't spot on. Two questions: How can I derestrict this this scooter and I bought a new strap because it's still stock and this scooter is almost 10 years old, will this affect my performance negatively?

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Can you derestrict a Vitality 2t 2007?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 01:17:26 PM »
Hey Forum! My Vitality goes great, but it seems to be bottlenecked at around 75 km/h and my acceleration isn't spot on. Two questions: How can I derestrict this this scooter and I bought a new strap because it's still stock and this scooter is almost 10 years old, will this affect my performance negatively?

What is a strap?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 05:09:25 PM »
46mph seems very good out of 50cc.
Strap? Your belt? 10yrs old? Yes, you will probably see a bit more speed with a new belt -- because it will surely be wider than your 10yr old belt....assuming that you purchased the stock Kymco belt. Aftermarket belts can be a crap-shoot.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

crunchyshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »
Strap? Your belt? 10yrs old? Yes, you will probably see a bit more speed with a new belt -- because it will surely be wider than your 10yr old belt....assuming that you purchased the stock Kymco belt. Aftermarket belts can be a crap-shoot.
Stig

Haha Stig I live in Quebec, I happen to speak English, but all the mechanics around here are french so I use the french terms for everything which is partially why I ask questions on here because it becomes difficult to research when I only know the french words for things haha.

crunchyshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »
Stig

But why do you think aftermarket belts can be a crap-shoot?

Also, I realize I have good speed but my friend's scooter which is a super 9 is 50cc and it was made in 2006 before the laws in my province forced scooters to be restricted. My scooter is 2007 so it is inherently restricted. His scooter on the other hand hits minimum 80 km/h and his acceleration and power he gets from his engine is out of this world.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:45:40 PM by crunchyshadow »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 12:07:11 AM »
Steal your friend's scooter!

Many owners find Kymco belts to be the best for a Kymco scooter.
Other brands can work....but why change from the best.
Belts need to be the exact length and width of the stock Kymco belt....only the Kymco belt guarantees to the purchaser to be the same as the Kymco belt.

If you're  changing things in the CVT, hopefully other 50cc owners will jump in here and tell you what parts you need to use in order to catch your friend's 50.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

DIRKHUNT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 11:38:12 AM »
Steal your friend's scooter!

Many owners find Kymco belts to be the best for a Kymco scooter.
Other brands can work....but why change from the best.
Belts need to be the exact length and width of the stock Kymco belt....only the Kymco belt guarantees to the purchaser to be the same as the Kymco belt.

If you're  changing things in the CVT, hopefully other 50cc owners will jump in here and tell you what parts you need to use in order to catch your friend's 50.

Stig
Here is the list of what I did to my Aprilia
New variator from Molassi
68cc big bore kit
Rejetted carb
New clutch spring

That got me to 60 mph
Additional things
Clutch assembly
Expansion pipe

Things to look for

Flow restriction in the OEM exhaust (will look like a washer has been welded in... grind it out)

Spacer on cvt shaft

Hope this helps
Dirk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »

Strap? Your belt?
Of course. Why didn't I think of that?

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »

Agreed.

crunchyshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 03:18:27 AM »
Here is the list of what I did to my Aprilia
New variator from Molassi
68cc big bore kit
Rejetted carb
New clutch spring

That got me to 60 mph
Additional things
Clutch assembly
Expansion pipe

Things to look for

Flow restriction in the OEM exhaust (will look like a washer has been welded in... grind it out)

Spacer on cvt shaft

Hope this helps
Dirk

Hey thanks I'll check for the spacer on cvt shaft. I replaced the exhaust so I don't think I have that problem, haha. I also changed my clutch assembly and my clutch spring. Do you know if I will get better acceleration with smaller springs in the clutch? They came with it so I'm not sure. I ordered a jet as well because I'm running a bit too rich right now, I'm at 116 which is stock so I'm getting a 114 hopefully that will be lean enough to get rid of my black spark plug syndrome.

DIRKHUNT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »

Hey thanks I'll check for the spacer on cvt shaft. I replaced the exhaust so I don't think I have that problem, haha. I also changed my clutch assembly and my clutch spring. Do you know if I will get better acceleration with smaller springs in the clutch? They came with it so I'm not sure. I ordered a jet as well because I'm running a bit too rich right now, I'm at 116 which is stock so I'm getting a 114 hopefully that will be lean enough to get rid of my black spark plug syndrome.

68cc bore kit bought me more torque, balanced with different weights w/o changing clutch spring weight

You may need to play with the air fuel mixture (left is lean) screw to get rid of black plug issues,  the idle jet only covers the first 30% or so of the throttle range.

I'm sure you have already upgraded the plug as well.

DIRKHUNT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 08:15:52 PM »

68cc bore kit bought me more torque, balanced with different weights w/o changing clutch spring weight

You may need to play with the air fuel mixture (left is lean) screw to get rid of black plug issues,  the idle jet only covers the first 30% or so of the throttle range.

DIRKHUNT

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 08:16:04 PM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()