Author Topic: Decelerating noise or scratching... Xciting 500  (Read 1061 times)

robertsu

• View Profile
Decelerating noise or scratching... Xciting 500
« on: September 28, 2017, 10:41:24 AM »
I got decelerating noise or something like scratching or some grinding when I instantly low torque at almost no matter which speed. May be sound is like belt scratching something inside. May be belt tooth's getting something for half sec or so...
This happen only when I'm in move.
Belt is changed before 7000km, should be ok.

thank you in advance! :)

xsel777

• View Profile
Re: Decelerating noise or scratching... Xciting 500
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:39:08 PM »
It could be the clutch nut is loose, and spinning/rattling on the shaft because the thread is stripped. It stays on because the cvt case keeps it in place.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

ClayMation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:19:32 AM »
I am getting the exact same thing, accompanied by a "clogged" feeling upon decelerating to a stop light!

What should we do?

robertsu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 12:31:10 PM »
I will try to disassemble my transmission today to see what's happening, may be I record sound before I do that. :)

ClayMation

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »
I can describe my deceleration issue as a feeling of 'resistance' from the engine, it feels like it is resisting that last point of deceleration before stopping. Not a strong resistance, just a "wait a sec, are you sure you wanna do this" feeling accompanied by that low level rustling described by the OP.

And I just had my bike serviced two weeks ago.

robertsu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 03:15:50 PM »

I think problem is here, belt touching lower part of casing... and that make noise sometimes.
Belt is 28mm wide, is that OK or need to be replaced?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:18:29 PM by robertsu »

ClayMation

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 03:16:01 AM »
Mine was getting worse in the colder weather, and then suddenly in the past 2 days, it stopped.

It was accompanied by acceleration vibration and jolting. One mechanic said it could be that the rollers have gotten dirty, but at 5200 miles?

I continue to insist to him and the other mechanics that it happened after the throttle cable adjustment during my last service.

I am currently very happy that it's stopped, and if it does recur I will certainly hold the guys at Bert's accountable.

My best guess is that when they originally tightened the throttle cable for faster accel it was causing some hiccups that resolved when the cable stretched a little bit more again.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()