Author Topic: 2009 Variator Assembly Instructions  (Read 1131 times)

Crash4723

• View Profile
2009 Variator Assembly Instructions
« on: May 06, 2017, 07:11:23 AM »
So I bought the Dr. Pulley variator and sliders. Anyone have in depth assembly instructions? I bought a new ramp stopper and washers and a nut too. One side of the ramp stopper is beveled and I don't know which way it goes back on the shaft.

sissymary

• View Profile
Re: 2009 Variator Assembly Instructions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:22:36 PM »
If it installs first before the main assembly go's on, (first part u slide on the shaft that go's on/up against the case/block), then it's beveled side toward the engine. Install back wards and there go's your variator/belt etc.  :-*

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »
Gosh.

Does this Dr. Pulley guy NOT have a website with all this information displayed Perfectly for those who purchase their product ?

For one penny, a single page instruction sheet could be included with the product.

Someone needs to rattle their cage.
redk

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 06:27:57 PM »
The variator goes together just as the stock one does, the plastic ramp plate guides should only fit one way and work, the sliders themselves have a image showing how they install on the package they come in.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

sissymary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 01:25:27 PM »
Sorry, I was talking about the beveled washer. The plastic pieces should only slide on one way? If they slide on both ways and are the same shape  (identical) top and bottom? Then I would think it would not make any difference?  :-* The stock Kymco units will only go on one way!

Crash4723

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 10:53:35 PM »
Well with a little hesitation and some common sense and some nail biting and a tense behind when I first started it up, I got it back together correct. The Kymco diagram helped out too, but it is kind of difficult to sort out. She runs and runs really smooth now. I am replacing the rear clutch next week. My Xciting has 30k on it and I am pretty sure the spring is worn out.

boklovelife

• View Profile
Re: I need the stock variator parts baaaaddddddd
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 11:10:38 AM »
Do you still have the stock parts? I need an assembly. My nut came off on the freeway and  the belt ruined the disks. Any body have a stock assembly they want to sell?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()