Author Topic: Met in light.  (Read 3783 times)

stuo

• View Profile
Re: Met in light.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 05:44:47 PM »
After a sleepless night I found my answer: I removed the port side (left) locking bracket from the seat. Some officious designer decided "if one latch is good, two must be better" thereby creating adjustment problems by having two latches controlled by one switch. Years of trying to keep Model A Ford mechanical brakes adjusted taught me to see the mistake in this design. The left side latch is superfluous any way: remove it functionally, fine tune the right side cable and be done with it.

Now I'd like to have five minutes alone with the designer of that seat. I guess no one in Taiwan spends more than ten minutes riding their scooter, so a stuck-in-one-position saddle for someone less than 5'-8" tall is fine design in their eyes.

If it wasn't for this wonderful forum I'd be long gone from Kymcos, I'd be riding and wrenching on Hondas or Yamahas. Thanks for sharing, guys....
2009 GV 250

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Met in light.
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2017, 12:10:12 AM »
Has anyone disabled the seat latches and the met-in light entirely and not worried about locking the seat? I use my 45 liter lockable top box for 90% of my stuff anyway; the problems with a stuck seat are just not worth the worry and trouble if and when the seat won't open...so I am considering removing the seat latches. Many of the mopeds and scooters I've owned didn't have seat locks so I used a separate helmet lock. Who is going to lift and look under the seat anyway? How about a "Beware of vicious dog" sticker on the seat, just in case....

when I took the seat tub out I disconnected the wire and let it hang,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()