Author Topic: Just bought People GT300i  (Read 3998 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought People GT300i
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 11:36:59 PM »
I can't believe that neither printed user manual I got with the scoot, nor online service manual show location of the fuse box.

As years go by, Kymco gets worse with their manuals.

Where is the fuse box located?

I want to install a delayer relay as I am more than just annoyed with "always on" lights during scooter cranking.
Might the fuses be next to the battery?

Stig

PS: Manuals seem to be different in different parts of the world ?
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 01:58:37 AM »
Little tough to say from the parts diagram but appears to be in the rear section
https://www.oemmotorparts.com/fiche-l/KYMCO_People%20GT%20300i_Wire%20Harnass.png
It's part 38200 in the upper left section

2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 05:59:07 PM »
Well, they should be, but they decided to put them somewhere where they cannot be accessed when you need to check them.
Kymco scooters seem to be made in a way that owner cannot do anything by himself. And new ones increasingly so.

Tromper - you are right, they seem to be in the rear section.
Fuel tank is also in the rear. I went outside just now to check, everything is enclosed within plastic panels.
It seems that in order to access fuse box, you need to tear apart... everything. Very useful when you are on the road travelling somewhere.

30 years ago whoever engineered this would have been fired.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 12:38:14 AM »
...It seems that in order to access fuse box, you need to tear apart... everything. Very useful when you are on the road travelling somewhere...

Ran into that very issue on my old S when trying to do a simple plug swap.  It wasn't as bad as it looked to be honest. I suspect yours is setup about the same.

That said,  I can access the fuse box, valves & plug on my SYM without pulling the main body plastic.  I can access the fuse box on my 650 in about 2 minutes with a screwdriver.  I could not say the same for my S which had the fuses scattered, & some not accessible without pulling the main body.

I suspect this has more to do with ease of manufacture than with making it tough to service. Same with the under seat fuel fillers vs. the external like on my SYM & burger.  In the later case convenience has it's price.  Both models have been noted as having issues with their necks on a few occasions; although I haven't had any issues with either.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()