Author Topic: Super 8 50 CC 2T Wont Start  (Read 1936 times)

augiewrslr

• View Profile
Super 8 50 CC 2T Wont Start
« on: September 19, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »
 I recently purchased a super cheap 2012 Super 8 and am trying to get it fixed up to putz around town. I cannot get the dang thing to start. It was left out for a few months, so I am sure the battery is dead. For now, I have been trying to kick start it, but it wont turn over at all.

I have cleaned the carb (which fuel dues through through when turning the screw), replaced the fuel, replaced the oil, replaced the spark plug (which does spark when I kick it), checked for compression with the spark plug and did feel air flow through with my finger. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Any ideas of what the problem is? I am fairy lost when it comes to engine and have been using google and youtube as my north star.

One possible problem is that the part in the below image is loose and I dont know where it belongs.  It would be much appreciated if you could tell me where it goes and what I am looking at.

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Super 8 50 CC 2T Wont Start
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:55:44 AM »
Did you remove the jets when you cleaned the carb?  Could you see light through the jets when you were finished?  Have you tried starting fluid to see if that will fire?   

augiewrslr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 03:07:41 PM »
I did remove the jets and pretty much sprayed the whole thing with cleaner. The scooter was left outside and didnt start for months. I also just replaced the battery and hear clicking with the electronic start. I tried your suggestion of starter fluid and that make it sound closer to starting, but it hasnt started yet. I just purchased a cheap Carb off Ali Express to try throwing in there. I am sure it wont be the most efficient thing on earth, but I am hoping that clears up the problem.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:59:31 PM »
1-Again, Could you see light through the jets when you were finished?
2-You installed a new battery and you "hear clicking" when you press the starter button.  Are you telling us that when you press the starter button the engine is not spinning over?

augiewrslr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 11:28:41 AM »
1. I cleaned it so that I could see light through every hole i n the jets. I replaced the larger jet to a 85 while I was in there.
2. Exactly, I dont hear the engine moving at all. Just the clicking.

If I kick start it with starter fluid, occasionally the engine will run for 1-2 seconds and then putter out.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
1- If you try unsuccessfully to start the bike (gas via the carb, not starter fluid) and remove the spark plug, is it wet or dry?
2- If you hear a clicking when pressing the starter button (and the starter is not spinning the motor), there is an electrical problem (battery has run down, relay bad, starter problem, etc.).  I'd test battery voltage.  (I know, you said it's a new battery).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()