Author Topic: Sport/stage 6 variator kit  (Read 641 times)

CallumCRFmorgan22

• View Profile
Sport/stage 6 variator kit
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:45:43 PM »
I am looking for some advice on what sort of variator/ belt kit I should buy for my kymco agility 50 to make The top end speed better. I have found a stage 6 kit with 16x13 rollers on a website called ped parts will this increase the top end of my ped ? My ped has a 72cc kit on it, de restricted Cdi and a oversized jet so will the stage 6 kit improve the top end of it?
Thanks in advance Callum

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Sport/stage 6 variator kit
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 09:00:28 AM »
No, the variator affects mostly the acceleration.  Your top speed will be the same.  Only two items affect top speed (1) unrestricted CDI which allows higher RPM, up to 9,000 RPM compared to 7500 RPM for a stock unit, and (2) final drive gears.  It takes a few hours to swap the final drive gears, but you'll get a good 10% increase in speed.  Both items together will get you almost 50mph.  Just remember, riding at 9,000RPM is hard on your machine, and its service life will be shorter.  On the other hand, 50cc crate engines are cheap on eBay (about $250), so the price of experimenting is manageable.

c.stroe

• View Profile
Re: Sport/stage 6 variator kit
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »
Out of curiosity, what's the maximum speed you are getting with your unrestricted CDI and 72cc kit? Is it a Naraku kit?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()