Author Topic: Anybody else here use their xciting500 as primary mode of transport?  (Read 687 times)

ClayMation

• View Profile
Hey guys,

This might be a little weird since i'm still relatively new to the forum, but from the glimpses i'v gathered the impression I get is I might be one of very few people on here who uses their xciting as a primary mode of transportation.

For example, I rode out of the dealership with the bike a mere 4 months ago and since then I have put almost 5000 miles on the bike already. Whereas I have seen guys who have owned the model for 3-4 years and say that they have less mileage on it.

So I wanted to create a post specifically for those of us who use their kymco xciting500 as a primary mode of transportation, since I think they would notice a lot of the same nuances I do after driving it so long.

Can we get a show of hands on who uses theirs as a primary way of getting around and what nuances they've picked up on in the process?

Thanks guys.

xsel777

• View Profile
Re: Anybody else here use their xciting500 as primary mode of transport?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »
When I am not sleeping, I am riding mine! Currently 66000km on it, but it is in the shop now, with oil in the water, so head skim, and gaskets. The thing that has surprised me the most, is the threads stripping on the shafts, first the crank, and now the clutch.
The other thing that had been a repeat issue, is worn exhaust cam. That has been done 4 times now.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:51:22 PM by xsel777 »
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

ClayMation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:14:13 AM »
When I am not sleeping, I am riding mine! Currently 66000km on it, but it is in the shop now, with oil in the water, so head skim, and gaskets. The thing that has surprised me the most, is the threads stripping on the shafts, first the crank, and now the clutch.
The other thing that had been a repeat issue, is worn exhaust cam. That has been done 4 times now.

At what mileage did these things occur?

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:23:18 AM »
I have had this scoot 3 years now, got it with  18000km.the first two years, every 6 months new exhaust cam. This last year has been better, no cam job, as I am getting fanatical about oil changing and filters, i reduced the time period to  3000km, and so far all good there.
The stripped thread on the crank also happened about a year back, and now the clutch shaft thread. I suppose i must be doing something wrong. I do know i did this :added an extra 10 nm when tightening with torque wrench. I won't do that anymore. The thing is I read that the nut is supposed to be softer than the shaft so it strips instead of the shaft, but that has not been my case x 2.

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:24:02 AM »
I have had this scoot 3 years now, got it with  18000km.the first two years, every 6 months new exhaust cam. This last year has been better, no cam job, as I am getting fanatical about oil changing and filters, i reduced the time period to  3000km, and so far all good there.
The stripped thread on the crank also happened about a year back, and now the clutch shaft thread. I suppose i must be doing something wrong. I do know i did this :added an extra 10 nm when tightening with torque wrench. I won't do that anymore. The thing is I read that the nut is supposed to be softer than the shaft so it strips instead of the shaft, but that has not been my case x 2.

Damn that's crazy. Isn't it always the case the more expensive part fails, reminds me of my '03 B650 stripping out the splines on the $650 primary pulley assembly vs the $100 adapter gear.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()