Author Topic: Saturday Group Ride  (Read 779 times)

MJR

• View Profile
Saturday Group Ride
« on: September 12, 2017, 01:57:26 AM »
Got up early Saturday morning pulled out the Aprilia Atlantic 500 and headed up to Moorpark to meet up with the Thousand Oaks Vesparados for a ride. Started out and headed to Ojai, Carpenteria, Santa Barbara, SantaYnez, Los Olivos, and back. Lots of country roads by farms, ranches, winery's, and a old stagecoach stop the Cold Spring Tavern where we had lunch. What a pleasant ride on a nice day.

We stopped in the Fess Parker winery. Funny thing about the winery. I didn't know who Fess Parker was but I kept wondering why they had coon skin hats. I thought to myself that's something Daniel Boone could sell. I almost said something but when I got home and told my sister about it she said "You don't know whow Fess Parker is?" Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone, LOL. From Costa Mesa to the meetup point was 90.2 miles, the group ride until I split off in Ojai on the way back was 194.2 miles (got the best 65.1 mpg during the group ride so far on the Atlantic 500), and 120.8 miles back home for a total day ride of 405.2 miles total ride day.

Heading back I was getting the EFI light on and off. Wasn't until later I noticed the headlight flickering/dimming but kept riding so I didn't get stranded. Got home and found a loose battery cable. Tightened it up and rode it a bit today, seems good now.

'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: Saturday Group Ride
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:09:27 AM »
Great ride and some great shots! Thanks for sharing your fun with us - we appreciate it!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »
Beautiful pics and looks like a picture perfect day for a ride. See lots of Vespa's and perhaps 2 Maxiscooters. Thanks for sharing.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 05:20:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing MJ! Great pix.

Davy Crockett wine !
Only in America.

Stig