Author Topic: No spark  (Read 1096 times)

libertycall1

• View Profile
No spark
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:30:51 PM »
Cant get spark did all the normal stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: No spark
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:00:44 PM »
Gotta be a sailor with a screen name like that! How 'bout listing what you did?

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

spddm0n

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »
I have the same problem on my 2009 People 50.  Last night, I determined the problem is in the cap at the end of the coil wire (not the rubber).  The plastic end that is bent about 75 degrees.  I had a spare one laying around and it was "bad" also.  I removed the cap (I didn't realize you could unscrew it from the wire with some muscle) and stuck a small metal piece into the wire itself, and put the metal near a bolt on the scooter and tried to start it - SPARK! 

This is my first scooter (I'm rebuilding it from dead and came with a spare box of parts) and I can't believe how tough it is to get parts.  You have to wait to dealers to order from Kymco and then pay for their shipping and your shipping (unless the dealer is local).  Even so, the dealers have to wait for a $200 minimum order from Kymco to order them.  WTF?! :)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:32:39 PM »
For parts search the web, dealers are good, and needed, but have highest prices.  Search for parts detail for your scooter and get part numbers for the parts you need.  Then search the kymco part number, and all kinds for deals will show up.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()