Author Topic: People 50 questions  (Read 1149 times)

modrummer

• View Profile
People 50 questions
« on: September 06, 2017, 01:33:41 PM »
Hey everyone! First post here. I picked up a 2007 Kymco People 50 from a friend. The scooter has sat for about a year and a half without running. I've done some work on motorcycles before so I feel fairly confident about getting this roadworthy again, but I have a couple questions:

Is this a 2 stroke? I assumed it was (not super familiar with 2 stroke motors), but when I googled I saw mention of the 2007 people 50 being a four stroke.

Is there an easy way to drain the gas from the tank? I'm assuming I can just remove the bowl on the carburetor and let it drain out of the carb, but I probably need to get all that old gas out of the tank as well.

Are there any other fluids that need to be changed on this scooter besides oil and gas? No gear oil or anything?

Thanks!

kevinv710

• View Profile
Re: People 50 questions
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 02:10:09 PM »
Welcome onboard, Bro!
on drain out the gas, you can just un-tighten screw on bowl carb, if you want to dry out the gas tank, i would use hand pump,
here is 2T look alike top, 4t bottom

modrummer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »
Welcome onboard, Bro!
on drain out the gas, you can just un-tighten screw on bowl carb, if you want to dry out the gas tank, i would use hand pump,
here is 2T look alike top, 4t bottom

Thanks for the info!

Does the 2 stroke oil need to be drained since it has been in the for almost 2 years? Or is it ok to just leave it and just keep refilling it as it burns?

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:28:15 PM »
if 2T, oil probably OK IMO, but easy to drain and start over with some good 2T oil, I recommend synthetic, more expensive, but less issues long term, good luck
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

modrummer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »
Hey really dumb question, is there a way to check oil level on the 2t people 50? Or do you just fill it up when the oil light comes on? Is there a max fill line somewhere?

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 01:34:39 AM »
The 2T oil tank is under the seat, raise the seat and you will see the gas lid that screws on, and the oil lid that pushes on.  If you look close near the oil tank opening, you will see an image of the marker that is inside the tank that indicates the tank is full.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()