Author Topic: Vitality 2t 50 2008 - Increase tire size?  (Read 1761 times)

crunchyshadow

• View Profile
Vitality 2t 50 2008 - Increase tire size?
« on: September 04, 2017, 02:05:33 AM »
Hey Kymco enthusiasts!

I have a used Kymco Vitality 2t 50 from 2008 (25 000 km). It's my first scooter I've ever owned, and it's a lot of fun. I changed the handlebars and speedometer and it looks really cool. I've included an attachment showing my scooter (I also painted it). The thing is, my speedometer is made for wheels 13" and above but my scooter has 12" wheels. So my speedometer is always reading the wrong speeds, as well it always shows that I have less gas than what I actually have.

Is it possible to increase wheel size to make up for this issue that I'm having, also, would it be possible to bring the wheel back like on a modified ruckus or bws? I think that would be really cool!

Thanks for answering, and I'm going to keep you guys updated on this scooter I'm planning on getting this thing to hit 100 km/h. So far I've replaced the clutch for more acceleration, next is the variator. Any suggestions on getting this thing going?

(video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfOVCOVNzg)

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Vitality 2t 50 2008 - Increase tire size?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:26:34 PM »
Best solution is to get a gps mount and a speedometer app. for your cell phone. I would not mess with the wheel diameter. Driving larger wheels will take more power from those 50ccs and I believe it would actually hurt the performance you are looking for.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()