Author Topic: Reset oil service light  (Read 20207 times)

nantoniou

• View Profile
Reset oil service light
« on: August 29, 2017, 05:14:57 PM »
I have a 2015 Agility 16+ 125 Scooter and the  'oil service' light is flashing on the dashboard.  Does anyone know how to reset it? I have looked in other threads but I did not find the answer for this model!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Reset oil service light
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:19:37 PM »
This type of info is usually in the owner's manual. I downloaded every owner'manual for all Agility 125s and one variant and none have an oil service light. There is no freebee download for the 16+. A bike purchased new should have an owner's manual. See your dealer for one. However, the Downtown 300i has this kind of light as do other models and it is activated by the odometer, specifically, one of the odometers. Can you select the main odometer and a trip odometer? If you can, I expect there is an odometer that has no tag or name like "ODO" or "TRIP" it will just show a number. Like the DT300i it should reset by pushing both Mode and Adjust buttons at the same time and holding until the number sets to "0.0" and this will make the light go dark. It will come back on in about 600 miles. I use mine for a gasoline odometer just so that darn light stays out! After the initial oil changes the interval on the DT is 3000 miles so the 600 mile light is nonsense anyway. It IS REAL NEAT to have 4 odometers!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

nantoniou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
Dear Karl thanks for the answer.

I do have the owner's manual and I looked everywhere in it, but I could not find the answer to this.

To help you further, I am adding a picture of how the odometer looks like. In that picture, the oil indicator is flashing!

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 11:59:29 AM »
First question- do you have enough oil in you engine? Is it between max and min on the dip stick?

If the oil level is ok try holding the right side button for 5 seconds or more.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Agility City 125

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 12:09:31 PM »
Jeeves beat me to that question! Next, what DOES your owner's manual say about INSTRUMENTS? It is entirely possible your owner's manual has left out this information. Jeeves says to hold the right button for about 5 seconds. This will probably shift from ODO to a trip odometer. Do it again if it does and you will probably get the oil service odometer. These manufacturers are pretty predictable! Hold both buttons and it will reset the oil symbol. Hurry, go do it NOW, I wanna see this! Good picture by the way! If you can figure out how to get pictures on THIS forum, you can fix this problem with your scoot!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

nantoniou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »
Dear friends,

It worked. The oil level was not the issue. The oil service reminder had to be reset.

Basically, holding the right button down for 5 seconds shifts from the odometer, then to the trip meter and then to the oil service meter. Once you are in the oil service meter, holding the left button for 5 seconds it does the job. And the same applies for the trip meter!!!

Thanks again!!!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 07:00:46 PM »
Hoo-ray! Now at least three riders know how this works! Work done here, time to move on....

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 07:10:02 PM »
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Agility City 125

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 04:10:39 AM »
It is entirely possible your owner's manual has left out this information.

No Kymco manual has this information.  It is a "for dealers only".  It's to encourage Kymco owners to take their machines to the dealer for servicing.  Most Kymcos have different ways to reset the light; there is no standard reset method. My Kymco Sento has a little slot under the speedometer.  The light is reset by pushing a key or a screwdriver into the little slot.  But your Kymco could be totally different.  A helpful dealer will show you the secret.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:23:31 AM by JJJoseph »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 11:08:43 AM »
No Kymco manual has this information.  It is a "for dealers only".  It's to encourage Kymco owners to take their machines to the dealer for servicing.  Most Kymcos have different ways to reset the light; there is no standard reset method.
Now, THAT is interesting! With all the mistakes and errors in both the owner's and service manuals, coupled with dealer's ignorance of their product line, being nearly FORCED to go to the dealer borders on adsurd. The only source of straight information seems to be here on this forum. Kymco USA should be calling here! Thanks for bumping this thread with your insight!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 05:54:01 PM »
Piaggio is the same oil level check and tires is all riders are capable of,   every thing else is see the dealer,.,  I DONT BELEIVE THEM  DE DEE

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()