Author Topic: 2013 Like 200i battery question  (Read 2295 times)

ExplodingChad

• View Profile
2013 Like 200i battery question
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:57:55 AM »
Hi all.

I'm seriously looking at buying a friend's 2013 Like 200i -- 1400 miles, has been babied and maintained, she just can't ride any more for medical reasons. My current daily driver is a SYM Havana 50cc, and I'd really like to upgrade to something beefier for fun and safety.

It's been sitting for some time, so it's not starting. She thinks it's the battery, as she's tried to charge it overnight and no dice. I haven't gone to look at the scoot yet, but I was considering just picking up a battery for it on the way in case I do want to just pull the trigger right away.

It's been...fun trying to find the correct battery model. I was using the BatteriesPlus website and plugged in the make/model/etc of the scoot, and the results it was returning me appeared to actually be UPS batteries, and while I guess not completely out of the realm of possibility, the terminals don't look right -- both + and - located on the same "end" of the batteries.

My best guess so far from what I'm seeing is that the YTX7A-BS is the correct battery? Specifically I'm looking at this one:

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/cyla7absxta

Worst case scenario if it doesn't fit I can always return it, but I would prefer to avoid the hassle if possible.

Am I in the right ballpark at least?

Thanks!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Like 200i battery question
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 01:32:24 PM »
The stock KYMCO  battery in the LIKE200I  is a GTX9-BS.
I trimmed 5mm off of the hold down posts on the underside of the battery compartment lid, and installed a YUASA  'YTZ12S' battery for much more cold starting power.
Yes, best to buy proper battery with connections in proper position, same type. Avoids alot of hassles.
STOCK Battery measures: 5-7/8" long,   3- 3/8" wide,  4- 1/8" tall.
Pos. on right top/front corner, Neg. left top/front corner.

Stig
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:47:12 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Groversmith

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Like 200i battery question
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:22:17 AM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()