Author Topic: Top box trunk rattle. How to fix?  (Read 1371 times)

DaxFX

• View Profile
Top box trunk rattle. How to fix?
« on: August 26, 2017, 03:51:51 PM »
Hi guys, I hate the rattle in the top box i was thinking on put some foam tape but not sure what to do. What you guys are doing to get rid of the rattle? What size of tape will fit in the channels ?

Thanks!

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Top box trunk rattle. How to fix?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:03:47 AM »
Hello DaxFx and welcome to best scooter forum on the web.When I've had this happen to me, I backed off on the mounting bolts and cut some pieces from a 1/16th inch piece of black rubber and slid them up under the rear of the top box and then re tightened the bolts. Worked for me. You might even cut out four ribber washers and place them on all for bolts between the bottom of the box and the mounting surface. Hope this helps.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

DaxFX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 06:28:19 PM »
Hello DaxFx and welcome to best scooter forum on the web.When I've had this happen to me, I backed off on the mounting bolts and cut some pieces from a 1/16th inch piece of black rubber and slid them up under the rear of the top box and then re tightened the bolts. Worked for me. You might even cut out four ribber washers and place them on all for bolts between the bottom of the box and the mounting surface. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I will try this and let you know.

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 06:32:39 PM »
Home Depot has a variety of cheap stick-on foam weather stripping in different thicknesses.
2009 GV 250

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 06:50:05 AM »
I used foam weather stripping in the channels of my Shad case, it worked.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Lewis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 06:25:40 AM »
I'll get around to fixing mine better later, I just bought it. For now I took a clean shop rag (red) and folded 8 times until it was bigger than the gap. Out it under box by latch. Stopped the rattle and I have a clean rag stashed on the bike.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()