Author Topic: electrical problems: why?  (Read 804 times)

FLRider

• View Profile
electrical problems: why?
« on: August 26, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »
I have a 2014 Super 8 150, and I've had some problems here in FL.  For one,  I can't cover it while outside and raining.  3 times or so I've started it up to go to work after a previous night's rain (dark, around 330AM), I'd throttle it after it warmed up, and the main headlight would go DEAD.  Like no light.  I've U-turned a few times so I could drive my van to work.  It lights up fine and stays when it's dry. 

Then, 3 days ago, I tried to start it to leave work, and no electricity was flowing when I put the key to "Run".  No LED's, no display lights, and no startup.  I pulled the battery, took it to an auto parts store, and they said nothing was wrong with the battery.  I put it back in my scooter yesterday, and it started!
The prior night I was coming home from an outing, and at the stoplight, I noticed my blinker struggling to blink.  I don't know why. 

Has anyone else had problems like these?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:33:10 AM by FLRider »

ronigj

• View Profile
    • Super 8 Philippines Motorcycle, Club Inc.
Re: electrical problems: why?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »
I have a 2014 Super 8 150, and I've had some problems here in FL.  For one,  I can't cover it while outside and raining.  3 times or so I've started it up to go to work after a previous night's rain (dark, around 330AM), I'd throttle it after it warmed up, and the main headlight would go DEAD.  Like no light.  I've U-turned a few times so I could drive my van to work.  It lights up fine and stays when it's dry. 

Then, 3 days ago, I tried to start it to leave work, and no electricity was flowing when I put the key to "Run".  No LED's, no display lights, and no startup.  I pulled the battery, took it to an auto parts store, and they said nothing was wrong with the battery.  I put it back in my scooter yesterday, and it started!
The prior night I was coming home from an outing, and at the stoplight, I noticed my blinker struggling to blink.  I don't know why. 

Has anyone else had problems like these?
Check your fuse, much better bring it to KYMCO Service shop.

Sent from my Titanium S5 using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()