Author Topic: Skateboard Rack  (Read 633 times)

sk8architecture

• View Profile
Skateboard Rack
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
Made a little custom accessory that being a skateboard rack.  used 1/8" x 1.5" wide flat stock steel then bent it with hammer and wood blocks.  Glued some foam into the bends for extra grip on the skateboard while in place.  Went to ACE and got longer hardware to go into the stock location of the luggage box.  So the rack is fasten between the luggage box and rack.  Been running all summer long with no issues so far.  Need to figure out how to make a lock on it, can't leave it unlocked while running into the grocery store at the moment.

Need to make more custom mods for fun.  ACE is the place if you need any specialty hardware.

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: Skateboard Rack
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:10:17 PM »
Good going.  This picture was on facebook about a guy who uses his XT500 to carry his surfboard.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »
That is pretty cool!
Well done.
Where are you riding?
I'd have to have so much gear on to ride one of those jammers....and still would end up in the E.R. inside 2 hours.
Safe riding...
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

sk8architecture

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 04:20:55 PM »
PaulF- I saw that rack too when first going down this road.  But really for the cost it's way too big for my skateboard still pretty cool.

Stig- I'm in Mount Vernon hour North of Seattle famous for our Tulip Fields in Spring time.  I'm 4 miles from my work and live in town so I'm rarely got too much gear loaded up.  Further more when I have the skateboard in the rack never been past 35 mph.  Luckily there are two skateparks within that speed range.  I don't want to go 55 with the skateboard flapping around.... well not yet anyway.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 12:06:50 PM »
Hope you don't run into my sis and her husband, sk8! Pretty neat setup! I am like Stig: I would not last 5 minutes onna skateboard before my helicopter ride to the ER!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()