Author Topic: Watercool converstion  (Read 1066 times)

Bermyboy135

• View Profile
Watercool converstion
« on: August 21, 2017, 04:53:31 AM »
just wonder if the kymco super 9 engine is the same as a kymc people 50cc in that the difference is the water pump in bottom half but I'm just wondering if the kymco super 9 block will bolt on to the kymco people engine??? I noticed the engine look alike.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Watercool converstion
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 10:45:44 PM »
IMHO its not worth the trouble.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 12:30:34 AM »
as I understand it, Super 9 LC engine is different engine than AC.  I haven't done it, but I understand not that hard to convert your AC engine to LC.  You get the LC 70cc kit and add an electric water pump and radiator.  I wouldn't do it, too much work for me, but many have.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Dabby-D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 06:52:37 AM »
Wonder if you could just keep the air cooling and get an external 12v waterpump and water cooled cylinder head. They are sometimes a bit more annoying to work on then air cooled, I wont lie. I have had to learn to tune as i go for the first time build and only have a few more parts til i max out my performance and am not currently running due to problems. coolants expensive too.
2005 Super 9 LC - Airsal (T6) 73.8cc BBK
Battery: Chromes-Pro I-gel w/ self tester & LCD
Stator:(soon) Artek K2 rotor w/light
cooling:(soon) Bosh 12v water pump
Carb: 19mm PHGB (soon)Yoshimura 24
Air filter: Malossi E5 chrome
Variator: Malossi - Clutch: Malossi MHR Delta
Exhaust: technigas Next-R

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()