Author Topic: Left passenger footpeg  (Read 1140 times)

spfldadm

• View Profile
Left passenger footpeg
« on: August 19, 2017, 09:24:15 PM »
Can someone give me some help, the person before me drop the scooter on the left side and broke the left passenger footpeg.

I started backing out the bolt to change it, but some covers are in the way of the bolts removal.  Can someone give me some instruction on what all I need to remove in order to get this changed.

Thanks
John

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Left passenger footpeg
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 01:05:48 AM »
John,
First of all --- welcome!

Boy, that's is a tight spot. I see your problem!
Looks like you may be able to remove the foot peg by removing the two black screws in the lower panel which are near the peg.
Then gently pry that lower belly panel down enough to get a wrench on and remove that nut under the foot peg. It is bolted from above....nut comes off of the bottom and bolts lifts up and out. Tight spaces here!

If that doesn't work - check back and we'll see what else we'll have to do to get you in there.
You can't be the first guy to replace one of those foot pegs.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 07:34:59 AM »
I have the same problem on the right side foot peg with a broken inner spring there. Would also need to remove the foot peg in order to replace the spring. But I failed so far, because it´s not so easy to get quick access to.
Even if you were able to remove the nut below, you won´t get out the bolt above, because it´s blocked by the floor cover and the curved side cover. The side cover goes exactely over the bolthead and blocks it.....
Haven´t seen anything more stupid like this for a long time.  ??? :o :(
And it´s nearly the same crap contruction on the new Like. Unbelievable.

So the solution probably can only be to remove floor cover and foot skirt and under cowling and side cover and trim piece...
In other words to rip apart half of the scooter taking some hours just because of a damaged silly foot peg spring....

That´s why I gave up early and continued with a broken spring until now.

If anyone has a quick solution for this which I might have overlooked, I would be very interested in too.  ;) :)

And good luck to all with the same problem!  :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:42:01 AM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 11:47:45 AM »
I have the same problem on the right side foot peg with a broken inner spring there. Would also need to remove the foot peg in order to replace the spring. But I failed so far, because it´s not so easy to get quick access to.
Even if you were able to remove the nut below, you won´t get out the bolt above, because it´s blocked by the floor cover and the curved side cover. The side cover goes exactely over the bolthead and blocks it.....
Haven´t seen anything more stupid like this for a long time.  ??? :o :(
And it´s nearly the same crap contruction on the new Like. Unbelievable.

So the solution probably can only be to remove floor cover and foot skirt and under cowling and side cover and trim piece...
In other words to rip apart half of the scooter taking some hours just because of a damaged silly foot peg spring....

That´s why I gave up early and continued with a broken spring until now.

If anyone has a quick solution for this which I might have overlooked, I would be very interested in too.  ;) :)

And good luck to all with the same problem!  :D
Now Robo,
Don't be so hard on these Kymco guys.!
Some things are installed on the frame, etc. , as it was being put together.. and then the plastic
pants go on.
What's the first thing your groin-o'-cologist asks?
"Take your trousers off. "
Same with scooter doctoring. You gotta be the first guy to do a review on the new LIKE 's foot peg hardware!  ;-)
I think it was the Like 's coil that taught me new sailor language. Mounting screw is from outside the frame...against the side panel.
I figured it out, without removing the side panel, but took awhile. I think I  zip tied the new one in place.
For the most part.....the LIKE isn't too bad to work on. At least we can get to the important stuff, like the valves. Burgman, Forza, Vespa and PCX owner's would kill to have our valve access!

Still, would be nice to have full access to some stuff (like brake reservoirs with a snap in cover)
Called my dealer 2 days ago....NO word on the new LIKE.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »
I would say that most of the motorcycle/scooter manufacturers have exact knowledge of how a motorcycle/scooter has to be constructed and built in the 21th century.
But for some speculative reasons some still decide to do otherwise.

For example unfortunately DEALIM fled the USA market some years ago, but they have some real clever engineers.
Luckily they are still in Europe.  :)

I give you an example with some details:

The Daelim Otello FI 125 ABS 2017  from South Korea is a good value (€2.500,-), easy for maintanance, pretty well constructed and built scooter. With some clever details. Maybe not the most beautiful on earth, but also not the most ugly.

4-Valve Euro4 FI 125cc engine with 12hp.
Oil cooler.
A 9,5L gastank for some good miles a tank.
A clever tank cap with Key access and flip mecanism.
Easy to access snap in covers for brake reservoirs. Both front and rear.
Bosch ABS braking system front and rear.
Oil level check glass on the left side of the engine block. No dipstick anymore. Oil refill through valve cover.
Service cover for valvecover and valve lash check.
Two oilfilters. A rock strainer and a real oil filter cartridge.
Good seatfoam and quality material for seat cover.
Easy access to battery and fuses underneath the seat.
Large trunk for an integral helmet.
Good access to lightbulbs.
Hazard light function.
Muffler flange to exhaust pipe, so for a tire change only the muffler has to be removed and not the exhaust manifold.
Easy to access strong passenger footpegs and easy to replace in case.
Also comes with some nice standard accessory as sissy bar or windshield with handprotectors.
Digital display with tripmeter and digital fuel gauge.
Top speed 105-110km/h.

Another nice scooter of Daelim would for sure be the new Steezer model. And nice price also.

If I had´nt  already the Like 200i, I now would definately consider these two as a sincere alternative to Kymcos so called "better than best" products...

Sorry for my comment this time being so off topic.  :-[ ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:54:06 AM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 09:37:40 PM »
Be very careful. The plastic around the foot peg is fragile. I tried to remove the lower shroud once and felt I was going to break several plastic tabs in the process and gave up. The problem for me wasn't the foot peg but repairing a thin tab near it that snapped.   

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
Yes, and a helpful advice could be to warm up all related plastic cover parts a bit with a good hairdryer or a heat gun.
Maybe then they won´t brake so easily.

Another possibility, but which I haven´t tested yet, could be to use a slim dremel tool and mill out a part of the side panel and floor panel in the aerea of where that bolt sits. Access maybe from inside the engine compartment somehow.

I might give that another try in a few weeks, when my 15.000km service is scheduled. But I fear that the frame is in the way also.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:44:26 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()