Author Topic: Road Trip!  (Read 681 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Road Trip!
« on: August 19, 2017, 01:01:50 AM »
On the way to Huntsville, AL for Amateur Radio Conference. Should be about 520 miles round trip. Not huge but significant. Temps in the low 90s and the DT300i purring like a sewing machine. No bizarre attempts on my life or limb yet. Did hit a rock I thought was a tar spot. Nothing drastic since the rock looked like a bit over an inch in diameter. Spit it to the left and rendered the front TPMS sensor inop. Stopped to inspect tire pressure with a gauge. Normal or as what I set in pre-trip. It reset after I started out. Apparently, and this is a guess, the battery in the sensor lost contact at impact. More later and hopefully some pictures.

Karl

Whaddya think of my top box?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:33:25 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Snorvey

• View Profile
Re: Road Trip!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »
Sounds like a decent trip. I've done 350-400 hundred miles on a DT in a day and it was very relaxing. Not super quick y'understand, just nice.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 01:42:26 AM »
Yes, and I am Not in a hurry! Posted is just fine.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 07:56:49 PM »
All things considered, the trip was about 410 miles round instead of 520. Hey, I'm old. Cut me some slack! DT ran like a station wagon both ways. On the fill up there it showed only 66. something mpg which is not that good but it has only about 5000 miles since new. My Samsung tablet went into the no charge mode Friday so no pictures of the event. I did get it to charge Saturday night so I have one to share once I get cooled off. Low 90s all three days. One thing about the Steelmate TPMS wothy of note it really shows how enormous the pressure gain is on a hot day. The front will gain 3-4 psi and the rear gains 6-7 psi! Noticed no change in handling but it seems that N2 would be worth a try. Alabama highways are really nice and smooth! At least where I travelled.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 08:06:37 PM »
Sounds like nice ride Karl!
Years, or decades since I've ridden a good distance on a motorcycle.
Put my wife and our worldly possessions (in two suitcases) on to the Santa Fe Chief, while i rode our bike 750 miles from Ft Sam Houston to Topeka, after my orders for Vietnam came in.
Thinking, "I better enjoy this ride." for obvious reasons. I did.
Never know...one of these days I might run away from home on my Piaggio. Take in a game at Fenway!
NE on a scooter would be a blast!

Glad you and your scoot had fun!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 05:07:07 AM »
Sounds like a fun ride, except for that mech problem...  I'm not up to that sort of distance, myself.  redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()