0 (0%)
Carburator?
0 (0%)
CDI module?
1 (50%)
Spark plug?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Uphill driving, no power (gas throttle full open)  (Read 845 times)

Pjotr4726

• View Profile
Uphill driving, no power (gas throttle full open)
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:26:16 AM »
We had many years a Kymco Agility 125 from 2004, and was driving very good and economical. But we have sold it. Now we have bougt a new Kymco Agility City 125 from 2017. On the old one we could both sitting on the scooter driving uphill, but with the new one it isn't possible. Halfway the hill the scooter is stopping, and I smell some burning air. I had the gas throttle full open, but is seems it has not enough power to get us both uphill on the scooter. The motor makes enough rpm, but the scooter stay still. What is going on? And how can this problem be solved? Go back to the store where we bought it? The scooter has driving only 900 km!!!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:52:35 PM by Pjotr4726 »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Uphill driving, no power (gas throttle full open)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:24:39 AM »
Hello and welcome !

Scooters can make a  bit more power after the new engine is run in.....but, yes, I  would go to your dealer and explain your problem with your new scooter. If they are experienced KYMCO scooter mechanics they should be able to help you.
Let us hope it is not caused by new European regulations on scooters!

Let us know what you find out.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

arc1979

• View Profile
Re: Uphill driving, no power (gas throttle full open)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 05:19:01 PM »
Does it cut out and you have to release the accelerator and power on again to get it going? I had this same problem for months and it turns out it is a dodgy "fuel tap"... Easily fixed by bypassing it, under the seat. I also mostly got it when going up hill under full throttle and with a passenger.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()