Author Topic: 2015 Kymco Super 8R 50 Electronic Speedo Issue  (Read 755 times)

dwbaily

• Don
    • View Profile
2015 Kymco Super 8R 50 Electronic Speedo Issue
« on: August 16, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »
Hey guys.  I have a problem with the speedo on my 50X.  When I got it used, the speedo didn't work. At least not the speed part. Replaced the sensor at the wheel and put a new speedo on it.  It was obvious the previous owner screwed with it because the cover was held on by an elastic strap and corrosion could be seen inside on the motherboard.  Everything was working fine then the speedo started only working intermittently now not at all.  Still just the speed part. Gas gauge and turn signal parts all still work. My son is riding it so when I can get him over here I'll check all of the multiple connections that come from the speedo and make sure nothing wiggled loose but can anybody shed any light on this?  Nothing else to replace since its only comprised of the sensor and the speedo and its all new.  Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:39:14 PM by dwbaily »
2015 KYMCO Super 8 50R (KG10A)
6.5g rollers
Smooth Variator Boss
1000rpm Contra Spring

dwbaily

• Don
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Kymco Super 8 50X Electronic Speedo Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »
Checked everything and all connections are tight so at a loss why the new speedo didn't last a couple of months. Of course procrastination made me miss out on ANOTHER one under warranty by like a week.  :-[
2015 KYMCO Super 8 50R (KG10A)
6.5g rollers
Smooth Variator Boss
1000rpm Contra Spring

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()