Author Topic: Off Road Body Armor Customers  (Read 1584 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Off Road Body Armor Customers
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »
Kurt,
  I will be getting some pics to you within the next week or so.
I have her apart now the oil screen cover developed a leak and I'm waiting for the o'ring to come in. (I'll be making my own o'rings from now on)
 I decided to take all the skid plates off and remove about 30 lbs of dried mud. I'm doing the Airshot style mud flaps and mounting the tree kickers with better hardware.

You wont be sorry, I have not had a single issue since I installed those mud flaps and the materials are cheap. Also so much easier to keep clean after a good romp in the mud. Next on my list is a heat shield for under the seat, my a$$ gets pretty warm after a good ride on warm days, feels good in the winter but hot in the summer.

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 07:07:47 PM »
Just not a big fan of plastic.  It's ok for a mud guard or some light use.  I'll look into weight differences of uhmw and aluminum.  Might have some stuff from the old jeep buggy to use. 

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 07:30:32 PM »
Hey Kurt,   I see the pics of the hard side doors on the 450i, do you know anything about them.  I am interested in putting side doors on for the winter months, not sure the soft doors would stand up to trail riding in the winter. I have the factory roof and my own 2pc folding windshield so they will need to fit that. Need not be a perfect seal just enough to keep the serious wind out. Thanks and keep up the good work...

Airshot
I could be wrong so someone can correct me if I am,  but I'm pretty sure the only hard full doors that are offered for the UXV 450 comes with an entire hard full enclosure. The soft enclosures I sell for Pacific Eagle are vinyl marine grade quality, so very thick durable vinyl that should last in any element.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()