Author Topic: Headlight Upgrade  (Read 1573 times)

hdsteal

• View Profile
Headlight Upgrade
« on: February 09, 2017, 03:09:56 AM »
Is there an inexpensive "plug-n-play" mod to upgrade the headlight bulb?   :'(

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 03:46:07 PM »
I feel the headlights do not focus the light very well,  so I installed two cray LED lights on my scooter, to see further down the road,.  now I can see enough to ride at 50 MPH. at night ,

hdsteal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:54:53 PM »
Did you need to get a modulator or some other type of gizmo for the LED's?
If so what did you get?  And did you also go LED on the turns?

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 04:30:03 AM »

for the cray lights just attached them to the headlight wires, low beam,. and yes changed all lights to LED. even headlights,. 

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 07:12:17 PM »
I need to get some new headlights for my bike. I have a connection here from a mutual friend that is able to hook me for real cheap.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
This worked for us...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172573300316?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and was cheap !
slo shipping, tho...
I have no clue how long it wil last.
redk

DakLak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »
The company I works for manufactures LED motorcycle lights (what a pity, only in VietNam) as well as modulators.

We advise the modulators is inserted in the HIGH BEAM since it is, usually, the least used headlight filament.

WATCH OUT when using COLOURED LEDs! Coloured LEDs are very specific in their light frequency and often a 'red' (colour temperature not specified) will not work with well with a coloured lamp cover. You are far better off using a WHITE LED (which is also actually slightly coloured) as the light level emitted beyond the lamp lens cover will be greater.

Naturally, working for an electronics company, meant I switched 100% sides, tails and turns to LED - so no Plod/Cop can claim your tail light is out.

Aftermarket headlight conversions usually fail as the reflectors are designed for a single light source rather than multiple LED light sources. I add a lower power laser to my headlight to 'spice up' the light level. Unfocused lasers are not harmful to eyes when viewed at normal distances.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()