Author Topic: Kymco Like 2015 battery draining  (Read 4345 times)

MJR

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Like 2015 battery draining
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 05:55:40 AM »
Indeed a molded two wire plug by the rear swing arm that connects directly to the battery. The diagnostic plug on mine it clipped to a panel under the seat. It maybe likely the dealer did it though I find it odd why when it was being assembled as I waited to take it and I'm not sure I would run a new battery initial charge through smaller wire. I sent in an email to their service department just to see if they can tell me.

Dealer emailed back and confirmed the harness was added by them which I could understand if they were keeping it on the showroom but to add in an unnecessary expense seems odd, lol.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

dcstoker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »
Thank you everyone for your help. You are so kind. Since the scooter is still under warranty I went ahead and called a Kymco repair shop. After describing the situation, over the phone the service man said it sounded like a rectifier probably needed to be replaced. Pretty amazing for a scooter that had only 15 miles on it. His shop is busy so he scheduled an appointment for me to bring the scooter in on Sept. 1. I will do so. He said it would probably take 10 days to order a new part, so I will not get my scooter back until the middle of September. That is a bummer, but I am glad it is still under warranty. The reason I waited to take it to the repair shop (and used this forum) is because the repair shop is in another town about 45 minutes away and I will have to find a pickup truck to borrow to transport the scooter. I will post mid September the final outcome. Again, thank you everyone for your care and advice.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 12:17:42 AM »
And what does the glass fuse say in the battery  compartement? Within the little white or yellow fuse capsules. Good or blown?
Replacement with 10A and 15A.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 04:31:45 AM »
Thank you everyone for your help. You are so kind. Since the scooter is still under warranty I went ahead and called a Kymco repair shop. After describing the situation, over the phone the service man said it sounded like a rectifier probably needed to be replaced. Pretty amazing for a scooter that had only 15 miles on it. His shop is busy so he scheduled an appointment for me to bring the scooter in on Sept. 1. I will do so. He said it would probably take 10 days to order a new part, so I will not get my scooter back until the middle of September. That is a bummer, but I am glad it is still under warranty. The reason I waited to take it to the repair shop (and used this forum) is because the repair shop is in another town about 45 minutes away and I will have to find a pickup truck to borrow to transport the scooter. I will post mid September the final outcome. Again, thank you everyone for your care and advice.

I feel your pain the nearest dealer for me in about an hour away but I have my own truck/ramp to transport it. In my case it usually takes a few days for them to look at it, a few days to get the rep to authorize the warranty repair, a weeks to get parts, and a few more days to get it fixed. I really wish Kymco had a local (LA) warehouse stocked with parts like the big brands.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

dma165

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 12:46:19 AM »
Hello,
Have you ever been able to figure out the cause of the problem? I am having exactly the same problem with exactly the same scooter.
Thank you

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 02:09:05 AM »
Hello,
This post is 2 yrs old.
Please tell us about your problem.....with model year of your LIKE200I  (?), miles on the scooter, recent service history - if any - etc.
The more info that you give us, the more accurate can be our advice.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()