Author Topic: Lost Power While Riding Brand New K Pipe  (Read 559 times)

lostindakar

• View Profile
Lost Power While Riding Brand New K Pipe
« on: August 02, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »
Hi everyone,

Looking for thoughts on what could explain something that happened while I was riding my K-Pipe the other morning. I have a 2017 K Pipe with just under 300 miles on it. I was riding to work and was about 4 miles into my drive when I suddenly lost all power (controls went dark). I was going no more than 20MPH when it happened. Pull over to the side, turned the key and nothing - no sound and nothing on the controls display. We opened up the seat and poked around with some of the cables, but don't recall actually *doing* anything. Checked the ignition again (this was about 20 minutes after I initially lost power) and it worked. Was able to finish ~1 mile ride to work and then successfully drove it again later in the afternoon. The only other thing worth noting is that the K Pipe seemed to have slightly more trouble starting than usual, but I've found it is a little tricky to start cold in general.

I dropped it off at the dealer to have them check it over. They looked over connections under the seat and didn't see anything that would explain what happened. They're saying it was likely "just a fluke."

Has anyone else had this happened? Is there anything worth asking them to check out before I take it home and hope it was just a fluke?

Thanks.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Power While Riding Brand New K Pipe
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 10:37:47 PM »
Loose battery ground?
Funky ignition switch?
Sounds like electrical for sure.  That would be warranty at this point I'd assume since the KPipe's new.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 12:44:09 AM »
Sounds like a main power or ground unless the ignition switch is having issues. Another possibility could be battery charging if it wasn't then the battery could get low causing problems but after sitting could come back up enough to start.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:45:51 AM by MJR »
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

lostindakar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 02:55:19 PM »
Appreciate the help. Just wanted to give an update. The issue ended up happening again (twice in one day). Took it back into the dealer and they discovered a loose connection to the ignition.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()