Author Topic: My Kymco UXV450i does not display the fuel gauge  (Read 1794 times)

monmendoza

• View Profile
My Kymco UXV450i does not display the fuel gauge
« on: August 01, 2017, 04:41:00 PM »
Good evening, thank you for letting me join this forum. :)
I just bought a Kymco UXV450i. Its great so far, but I was wondering
why it does not display the fuel.

When you turn it on, the LCD display will show the fuel gauge
then blank off. Is this normal? or do I have to press some buttons to display the fuel gauge?
I am one of the very few Kymco UXV 450i users in the Philippines.
Although Kymco sells a lot of motorcycles here, The philippine
office told me that my unit is the last of the 15 units they imported
last 2015 and may not import anytime soon because of low demand.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: My Kymco UXV450i does not display the fuel gauge
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 04:54:05 PM »
I think that means your fuel quantity sender is not hooked up. You see the gage symbol with all the bars showing during the self-test but the gage disappears after the self-test is completed, right? Check the connectors at the fuel gage/pump unit on top of the fuel tank and the connector on the back of the speedo, odo, gas gage, everything indicator. Think there is a fuse for that circuit, too.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 04:58:12 PM »
how much fuel you have in it?

tank holds 8 gallons, on mine, when the gauge shows empty, it still has 3 gallons left (only takes 5 gallons to fill)
RandyO
IBA#9560

monmendoza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »
I think that means your fuel quantity sender is not hooked up. You see the gage symbol with all the bars showing during the self-test but the gage disappears after the self-test is completed, right? Check the connectors at the fuel gage/pump unit on top of the fuel tank and the connector on the back of the speedo, odo, gas gage, everything indicator. Think there is a fuse for that circuit, too.

Karl

Yes Karl, I see the fuel gauge during the initial power up but it disappears after a while. Thank I will do that, Actually I tried removing the connector on top of the fuel tank and the engine shut down after a while which is logical because I think the same connector also turn on the fuel pump. I will check the connector also on the back of the speedo, odo etc... As of now all other gages seems to work out fine. RPM, Odometer, speed etc... except no fuel gage. Thank you very much for the leads. Much appreciated. :)

Hello Randyo, I'm sure mine does not show empty. The whole fuel tank indicator is not being displayed. And I am also sure the mine has at least 3/4 tank full, I can still gasoline when I peek inside the fuel tank. Thank you very much for your reply. :)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 10:11:48 PM »
You are right, the connector on top of fuel tank has four wires: two for quantity sender and two for the fuel pump. While you are at this, I would recommend you use some dielectric grease on every connector you can unplug.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

monmendoza

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »
You are right, the connector on top of fuel tank has four wires: two for quantity sender and two for the fuel pump. While you are at this, I would recommend you use some dielectric grease on every connector you can unplug.

Karl

Will do that Karl, my uxv450i is in my farm far from i am residing. I will visit my farm on August 19/20. I will bring dielectric grease and contact cleaner. :)
Thanks again Karl

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()