Author Topic: DT 300 with K&N air filter  (Read 832 times)

Arrow76

• View Profile
DT 300 with K&N air filter
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:25:19 AM »
Is there experienced rider with DT 300i on K&N air filter. Or with any similar Kymco scooter ?

I had very good experiences earlier using their products on my different higher cap traditional motorcycles. As I replaced them during the times by this middle capacity scooter for simple and essential 2wheeler riding experience I never felt motivation to give a try due to the nature of the scooter riding and the significantly less power.

I run the bike with irridium plug as the only mod and do not plan to make the engine control unit and its software crazy by applying serious modification on the whole inhale-exhaust and ignition system of the bike. A filter would probably not touch the characteristics' factory set (by the control unit) influencing the idle speed due to easier inhale characteristics or gasoline amount supply to a significant extent.

A positive side effect however might be some increase on idle speed. That would be great by the way because mine runs usually between 1400-1500 RPM. A little low.

FYI : The K&N model number for our bike (DT300): KY-2911
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:36:05 AM by Arrow76 »

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
Re: DT 300 with K&N air filter
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »
I have a GTI 300 and was unable to find a K&N, which I use in my truck and Mustang, but I found a DNA which looks the same.

yao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 03:28:39 PM »
DNA Fcd air filter flow: 152,30 CFM

Kymco stock paper filter: 140,30 CFM

Is that a lot? 

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 04:45:47 PM »
Made my own after dorking around with the DNR guys in Greece. My motivation was not liking the oil filters being 20 bucks! All that money for some dinky, but well-made cartidge. HiFloFiltro as good or better than OEM solved that problem at 3 to 6 bucks a pop. The OEM air filters are also a poor value at over 20 bucks. Since most Kymco dealers are mail-order parts sources they usually want about 15 dollars shipping. Hey, I'm cheep! What I did was use some of that green filter foam in sheets about 3/4 inch thick. Enough material for at least 4 filters. That is 80000 miles! A package of that stuff is about 15 USD at your local ATV dealer. Pictures if I can ever figure out that reducer app......

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()