Author Topic: Belt bounse and make a strange noise  (Read 1769 times)

Laganica

• View Profile
Belt bounse and make a strange noise
« on: July 22, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
I was already read some post on this forum with similar contexts but I
didn't find a solution .
My belt bounce like crazy and make some weird noises when is on
neutral ,or speed decrease . Is there some solution ? It's very irritating .
I'm must write also that I was already change hole variator with all components ,
central spring and belt (Mitsuboshi) .Nothing helped .

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Belt bounse and make a strange noise
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
Hey Laganica. Belt bouncing is not unusual for a scooter. They vibrate and move constantly with the change in rpm and throttle. The only piece of advise I can give you is to make sure your belt is the correct kymco belt for your model scooter. That way, you can be sure that it is the correct length and width. I have included a video below of a common scooter belt in operation. See if it is similar to what you are experiencing;

2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Laganica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »
First thank you for advaice. My problem is similar with this, but the noise is more irritating and
louder. Also my belt goes higher I think.
the belt I use is new and Mitsuboshi for exact model. I have read a few posts on the net
From people who have the same problem, but I can not find a solution for the problem.
I was been in a three service and all they were doing was was they change part with new and
nothing was solved.
I think the problem is somewhere at when belt bouncing he moves three plastics (softener) located
on variator, and those three plastic moving up and down and making that noise . But what I know ,I'm not a person who's job is to fix motorcycle .

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 12:25:10 AM »
Those three pieces on the variator are called the slides. There are also 6 weights inside the variator. Have you replaced the slides and the weights? If they are both very worn I could see how they could cause things to rattle around and vibrate in there. Parts 22132 and 22121 below;

http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=KYM#/Kymco_USA/SA50AE_Xciting_250/Pulley/2K03100005/2K03100021
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Laganica

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 02:45:32 PM »
Yes, I was changing all that. I was mounting a new variator, but I had seen some interesting part on the picture.
Parts of the variator. I mean on small parts like 94601 and 90401 which I think I did not see when they were install my variator. I must check for that. Maybe those missing parts makes a problem.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 10:25:49 PM »
That 90401 could be important. Also make sure the splines are aligned on the variator face behind that nut. Hope you get it worked out.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()