Author Topic: No more dirt for Arctic Cat  (Read 1120 times)

poorboy1964

• View Profile
No more dirt for Arctic Cat
« on: July 20, 2017, 07:41:49 PM »

http://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2017/06/06/no-more-dirt-for-arctic-cat/

The above article should be interesting to this group now that Textron is Arctic Cat, Kymco may suffer as Textron has it's own motor division, I wonder  if they will make the switch.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
Re: No more dirt for Arctic Cat
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 01:26:11 AM »

http://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2017/06/06/no-more-dirt-for-arctic-cat/

The above article should be interesting to this group now that Textron is Arctic Cat, Kymco may suffer as Textron has it's own motor division, I wonder  if they will make the switch.
From my view, Kymco will be just fine as I'm sure they are cash positive.  In fact im surprised Kymco didn't buy out Arctic Cat... that being said,  I think this will give Kymco more time to work on coming out with more of their own products and gain more share of the market.  We must remember their pride and glory is the worldwide scooter industry anyways, which probably makes up 90% off their revs anyways. Of course all IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 02:01:09 AM »
I hope so it my workout in their favor if they stay together Textron really seams to be a strong company, I like what the stampede is I'd buy it over the ranger or mule pro fx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 09:52:07 PM »
I hope so it my workout in their favor if they stay together Textron really seams to be a strong company, I like what the stampede is I'd buy it over the ranger or mule pro fx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. The stampede is an amazingly nice machine. It would be tops on my list if money wasn't a factor.

But Kymco is going to have to do two things:

One is bring a pure sport regardless of the size to the market. And Two bring a utility/rec machine to the market with bench seating. Have to compete against the rangers and can am defenders etc. also need to update the UXV 700 line or need to expand it

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 02:17:39 AM »
    If you do some research you will find that Stampede was on very shaky ground due to extremely high number of warranty claims and poor quality control. A substantial number of law suits are still pending for people that never received any warranty service on machines that failed to operate properly. Textron bought this company when it was going under, so not sure how those warranty claims will be handled under the new company. Anything with the Stampede name on it has people running right now so buying out Artic Cat was a chance to get some operating money while they try to bail out Stampede.  If they are smart they will continue with Kymco for at least a while until they get Stampede working again.  If Artic Cat starts using the same inferior parts that were used in the Stampede models it could be the end of Artic Cat and that would be a terrible mistake.  The way large companies buy and sell to cover up mistakes made by the so called executive that seem to know everything would make me very nervous as to what will happen to a good company like Artic Cat ??

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()