Author Topic: LIKE accessories holding up well  (Read 2973 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
LIKE accessories holding up well
« on: July 18, 2017, 09:08:29 PM »
Bought my LIKE200iLX a little over 4 years ago.
First accessory I installed that summer was a full set of the Kymco crash bars - just for the looks of them!
Next were a pair of long stemmed FAR mirrors from Italy to see behind me. The mirrors and the crash bars have been waxed several times - and except for the Italian screws - are free of rust.

Next I installed the lighted Bestem 929 top case - purely for the added night riding safety. I do put things in the case , but mainly it's value to me is its wrap-around running lights and brake lights. Is is also priced at @ 20% of the two major brands of lighted cases. The case has worked flawlessly for me for nearly 4 yrs.
I do wish they made a slightly smaller version.

Then there is the battery tender - which I keep stepping on - but works fine.

And the Tiny Tac that I put on about 3 yrs ago. Easy installation & works great. Applied with a bit of red 3M autobody tape.

Philips MotoVision orange bulb was installed a year or so ago. I like it. I ride in the dark every day. As advertised, the different color seems to get me noticed.

Not an accessory - but the thing that enables me to enjoy hours, rather than minutes, of riding my LIKE is the seat rebuild which I did on a used 50cc LIKE seat from ebay ($30) BTW- that Sailrite 4-way stretch vinyl seat covering I used has proven to be good stuff....they make custom motorcycle seat covers with it, so figured it would be a quality vinyl. Beats the heck out of fabric store vinyl!

All in all, the few accessories I have installed are holding up well.
(inside the scoot are a set of Dr. Pulley 14g sliders, an NGK Iridium spark plug, a Yamaha fuel pump a bigger YUASA battery for my winter starts in the boonies, and Michelin tires either end)
Love this scooter.
Stig
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:02:32 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

h2ou8n4

• View Profile
Re: LIKE accessories holding up well
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:35:42 PM »
very tasteful...but I wonder what a LIKE would look like done full MOD?
When you're feeling mighty low
like your better days are past
Just take a ride in your underwear
and you'll feel better fast!

pasusca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 11:31:26 PM »
First accessory I installed that summer was a full set of the Kymco crash bars - just for the looks of them!
Next were a pair of long stemmed FAR mirrors from Italy to see behind me. The mirrors and the crash bars have been waxed several times - and except for the Italian screws - are free of rust.

Next I installed the lighted Bestem 929 top case - purely for the added night riding safety. I do put things in the case , but mainly it's value to me is its wrap-around running lights and brake lights. Is is also priced at @ 20% of the two major brands of lighted cases. The case has worked flawlessly for me for nearly 4 yrs.

And the Tiny Tac that I put on about 3 yrs ago. Easy installation & works great. Applied with a bit of red 3M autobody tape.

Philips MotoVision orange bulb was installed a year or so ago. I like it. I ride in the dark every day. As advertised, the different color seems to get me noticed.

Not an accessory - but the thing that enables me to enjoy hours, rather than minutes, of riding my LIKE is the seat rebuild which I did on a used 50cc LIKE seat from ebay ($30) BTW- that Sailrite 4-way stretch vinyl seat covering I used has proven to be good stuff....they make custom motorcycle seat covers with it, so figured it would be a quality vinyl. Beats the heck out of fabric store vinyl!

(inside the scoot are a set of Dr. Pulley 14g sliders, an NGK Iridium spark plug, a Yamaha fuel pump a bigger YUASA battery for my winter starts in the boonies, and Michelin tires either end)
Love this scooter.
Stig
Those pics look great. Where did you get the crash bars? Are those the ones Kymco calls trim? Do they seem they would protect the body panels if the scoot were knocked over? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2016 Like 200i: Kymco trim bars
2004 Yamaha Vino 50: BBK

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »
Yes, these are Kymco accessories - purchased through 2 Kymco dealers.
Didn't  buy them for protection - just appearance.
They'd probably help protect some panels in a knock over. Top case, mirrors, bar ends would still take a beating in a tip over.
Help some, but does not make scooter body crash proof IMO. Hope not ever to test them.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

pasusca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:29:36 AM »
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

fishcutter44

• Rhode Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 12:10:12 AM »
Hey Stig,
The bars look great, can you tell where you bought them and cost?  Also, given the mounting points and fasteners, do you think they would offer some protection to the plastics in a drop?
Thanks,
Kurt
2016 Kymco Like 200i
2005 Bajaj Chetak
2017 Honda Metro
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
1965 Fuji Rabbit Touring

pasusca

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 01:44:21 AM »
Kurt,
I bought those same trim bars "Like Rear Bumper Trim", part number GH-857-AO for $124 through local Kymco dealer. I didn't get the front fender trim. They seem sturdy enough to provide some protection for the plastic panels in a drop but there would still be some damage, especially to the top case.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 11:54:30 AM »
Hey Stig,
The bars look great, can you tell where you bought them and cost?  Also, given the mounting points and fasteners, do you think they would offer some protection to the plastics in a drop?
Thanks,
Kurt
Hey Kurt,
The crash bars....well, hope never to discover how effective they might be.
I bought 'em for vanity - but will never publicly admit that.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 08:03:18 AM »
Really like the two tone blue and white paint scheme.
For the 200 model we only ever got plain jane white or black here.  :(
A nice stainless exhaust would look good on it, sound nicer too.

fishcutter44

• Rhode Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 11:44:30 PM »
Bars look very good; price seems reasonable.  I'm going to check them out.
BTW, I noticed the headlight visor on Stig's Like, was that a homemade thing or aftermarket?
The glare at night is a little too much,
Kurt
2016 Kymco Like 200i
2005 Bajaj Chetak
2017 Honda Metro
1965 Fuji Rabbit Touring

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 02:19:01 AM »
Bars look very good; price seems reasonable.  I'm going to check them out.
BTW, I noticed the headlight visor on Stig's Like, was that a homemade thing or aftermarket?
The glare at night is a little too much,
Kurt
Posted a DIY here some time ago.
Tired of taping over the glare....I  masked area off and sprayed with chrome paint.
Seems to bother only taller riders? I'm  6'3"....bothered me every night.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

fishcutter44

• Rhode Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 04:04:45 AM »
Hey thanks for the info; I hadn't thought of paint as a solution to the glare problem. Off to the auto parts store for a can of chrome paint!
2016 Kymco Like 200i
2005 Bajaj Chetak
2017 Honda Metro
1965 Fuji Rabbit Touring

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 04:32:28 AM »
Posted a DIY here some time ago.
Tired of taping over the glare....I  masked area off and sprayed with chrome paint.
Seems to bother only taller riders? I'm  6'3"....bothered me every night.
Stig

Luckily I am only 5'7".  Don't really notice it.  ;D

barryparks03

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 10:53:21 AM »
Which NGK plug did you use?

Love this scooter.
Stig

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 11:13:10 AM »
If your owner's manual states NGK CR7HSA, then the correct NGK Iridium spark plug is the CR7HIX.

I liked the NGK better than the corresponding Denso.
Sorry, don't remember why. It was nearly 5 yrs ago.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()