Author Topic: 450i LE or base model  (Read 1584 times)

poorboy1964

• View Profile
450i LE or base model
« on: July 18, 2017, 05:24:33 PM »
Hello
doing my research here and I don't understand the difference in the LE and Base model other than winch is that it?

I've read a few post on power here I want to try and ask it a different way, when stop on a hill or up against an obstacle will you spin the tires and lose traction or will it power out and not move like the Honda pioneer dose? I am concerned because of the high elevation I ride at. everything else seams to fit my needs perfectly 

airshot

• View Profile
Re: 450i LE or base model
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:39:40 AM »
Hello
doing my research here and I don't understand the difference in the LE and Base model other than winch is that it?

I've read a few post on power here I want to try and ask it a different way, when stop on a hill or up against an obstacle will you spin the tires and lose traction or will it power out and not move like the Honda pioneer dose? I am concerned because of the high elevation I ride at. everything else seams to fit my needs perfectly

If you read carefully you get a winch, roof, wheels, and custom paint on the LE model so if you want and need those things then it becomes a good deal. The 450i has fuel injection so elevation will be less of an issue but all engines loose some power at higher elevation, as far as the other questions sounds like your trying to burn up a drive belt!!

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:57:35 AM »
Hello

It tractors up hills no problem,  especially when you put it in low gear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »
Hi. 

I just went through this same decision.  After speaking with the dealer, I went with the base.  I got a super winch online for $99 and really didn't care about wheels or paint to scratch up.  The roof your going to pay for regardless.  If you look on Kymco's website, under the picture it actually says its not standard so the dealer adds on the price.  Conceiving since its pictured, I know.   It's geared really well and won't power out.  It'll spin.

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 01:26:09 PM »
If you read carefully you get a winch, roof, wheels, and custom paint on the LE model so if you want and need those things then it becomes a good deal. The 450i has fuel injection so elevation will be less of an issue but all engines loose some power at higher elevation, as far as the other questions sounds like your trying to burn up a drive belt!!

Roof is not included
I ask the other question as a way to get info on how low geared this is, when rock crawling if it just slips the belt and not the tires it won't be low geared enough for me,,,

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »
It tractors up hills no problem,  especially when you put it in low gear.

Thanks and I really like the products you are producing

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »
Just get the base in whatever color you want or go camo (wish I'd of got
Camo) then add the winch of your choice. Add all of off road body armor accessories and their slim roof. Relocate the front shocks to the outter hole. Adjust the preload at all four corners and put some 26" tires on it and call it a day. Pics of mine are on the net floating around somewhere. Oh also don't forget a good windshield. read your Manual and keep it in low when it says too! They're extremely torquey in low range should have no problems on any incline.

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 01:38:12 PM »
Hi. 

I just went through this same decision.  After speaking with the dealer, I went with the base.  I got a super winch online for $99 and really didn't care about wheels or paint to scratch up.  The roof your going to pay for regardless.  If you look on Kymco's website, under the picture it actually says its not standard so the dealer adds on the price.  Conceiving since its pictured, I know.   It's geared really well and won't power out.  It'll spin.

thanks that is how I was seeing it, in some other brands you get little things like extra power outlets and such but not with Kymco which is fine with me I just want to know what options are included

I've emailed my dealer for stock inventory and he has both. dealer is just so far away I want to have my questions ready, I don't mind adding things on myself.

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 01:50:21 PM »
Actually if I were to do it all over again I would definitely gotten the TURF model with the unlocking rear diff. You will find that the turning radius sucks on these. Well when going slow that is. Out riding the trails it's fine because it power slides so easy. But I'd take a baseball field to turn around lol. Plan on using reverse. But I stress the turf model because I feel certain unlocking the rear diff would greatly help the turning radius. Don't get me wrong it steers easy no power steering is needed. Just doesn't turn sharp. Also when you relocate the front shocks to their outter most hole it changes the steering geometry and helps a lot as well. Just food for thought.....go turf model!

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 01:50:42 PM »

Thanks and I really like the products you are producing
I appreciate it! Let me know when I can help!

By the way to all of the other forum members,  I heard that Kymco actually produces most of the Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail. I would like to think Kymco will be coming out with a similar model soon. We shall see!

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 01:59:08 PM »
I appreciate it! Let me know when I can help!

By the way to all of the other forum members,  I heard that Kymco actually produces most of the Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail. I would like to think Kymco will be coming out with a similar model soon. We shall see!

I know the regional rep for NC SC TN VA WV he lives not far from here in NC and he has said big things are coming for 2018. As well as some improvements and updates to the UXV line with a special model 450. I swore I wouldn't speak of anything he told me so I'm going to leave it at that sorry but good things are coming!....

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 06:41:15 PM »
I know the regional rep for NC SC TN VA WV he lives not far from here in NC and he has said big things are coming for 2018. As well as some improvements and updates to the UXV line with a special model 450. I swore I wouldn't speak of anything he told me so I'm going to leave it at that sorry but good things are coming!....

LOL your killing me now I need to wait for the new models????

Dealer has a 2016 in blue for 500 less????
does anyone know if they fixed the front hood latches on the 2017 model?

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 02:24:55 AM »
no problems on steep hills for me, I use my 450i to haul firewood, sometimes up to 1000 lbs of firewood bolts in my sled, sometimes dragging a log tree length with a choker chain(last week I yanked a maple out 12"dbh x 35' long), I just throw it in 4wheel lock and use low gear
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:26:59 AM by randyo »
RandyO
IBA#9560

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 01:36:56 PM »
no problems on steep hills for me, I use my 450i to haul firewood, sometimes up to 1000 lbs of firewood bolts in my sled, sometimes dragging a log tree length with a choker chain(last week I yanked a maple out 12"dbh x 35' long), I just throw it in 4wheel lock and use low gear

randyo I've seen the pic of your hoe hooked up pretty impressive,

things are delayed until next Friday I will travel to the dealership and finally get to see one in person. until then I'll keep trying to learn more about them, glad I found this forum because there is not a lot of info out there.  the dealership I'm going to has been selling Kymco for a long time here so that made me feel better.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 05:02:33 PM »

Roof is not included
I ask the other question as a way to get info on how low geared this is, when rock crawling if it just slips the belt and not the tires it won't be low geared enough for me,,,

When I bought mine in jan 2016 the roof was part of the LE package, not sure what has changed since then. I do have the factory roof and have received many compliments on it. My only complaint is how tall the roof is, I am fairly short at 5'6" so a much shorter roof line and I could have avoided a 7' tall enclosed trailer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()