Author Topic: Super Fever ZX 50 Silly Question; Help  (Read 1193 times)

KymcoSuperFever

• View Profile
Super Fever ZX 50 Silly Question; Help
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:36:48 PM »
Trying to replace the spark plug ( Kymco Super Fever ZX 50 2005 ) but there's no room to put the socket in; does the engine have to drop to replace the spark plug? I did a search on this board and everyone talks about replacing the spark plug but I didn't see any instructions, did a YouTube search, google search and nothing seems to come for this particular model.

If someone could explain the easiest way to access the spark plug so I can get the socket in that would be wonderful. Sorry for such a basic question  :0)

Thank you in Advance!  A Kymco Fan

MJR

• View Profile
Re: Super Fever ZX 50 Silly Question; Help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:21:43 AM »
Is there any change in clearance between being on the center stand vs the side stand?
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

KymcoSuperFever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:22:15 AM »
Plenty of Room, but that is at the bottom of the bike. There is a steel plate also that separates them.

Spark Plug is at top of engine; it's exposed but about 1/2" clearance. No room at all to remove/replace Spark Plug; see photo posted in previous post.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:58:28 PM by KymcoSuperFever »

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
To clarify, the position of the engine relative to the frame is different on the side stand compared to the center stand, so there might be more room with one of them.

I  can't really tell from the picture, but I see a hole above where the spark plug is. Is it possible to reach through that with an extension?

KymcoSuperFever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 12:09:01 AM »
Thank you for the reply. There's a metal bar above the spark plug, is less than a half inch room, there so there's not even enough room for the socket to go on top of it without removing everything above...

Someone mentioned that if the shock absorber Bolt was removed the engine with swivel and drop down…??

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 04:13:32 AM »
taking a look at it via the manual (found here http://www.49ccscoot.com/manuals/Kymco_ZX_Service_Manual.pdf.)
I can see the clearance issue.
did the bike come with a plug wrench?  One with a hole through it to stick a screwdriver, or that has flats on it to get a flat wrench or adjustable wrench on for instance?

If not, & if you can't get one maybe put a plug wrench down the hole, follow that with an extender and just grip the extender or pick up something like this (in the correct size for your plug of course)
https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0175-Spark-Socket/dp/B009D35UEQ

2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

KymcoSuperFever

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »
Thanks Tromper, I have the Original Manual; and the printed out the one you provided long ago and it Doesn't describe how to; Here is the page: it shows a picture of the spark plug, the Spark plug gap, the name of the spark plug, and tells one to take the cover off but doesn't tell one what else needs to happen –   I think this is an egregious error by them...

It did come wit but the plug wrench, its 2 1/2  inches tall and I have a one half inch gap, and there's metal about it so no room to stick it in, I will look again as I will not give up and I really appreciate everybody's help!

SEE PAGE IN MANUEL attached

KymcoSuperFever

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »
Fixed it. Actually went from underneath the Seat where there was room only when the main kickstand was up. It was still a real pain in a very tight spot. Then I broke ignition coilTrying to get it off and had replaced that what seemed like having to take half the bike apart to get to that part. Anyway thanks for your help

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 03:58:37 AM »
Sounds like a PITA.  Glad ya got it fixed.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()